AstraZeneca Young Health Programme (Fully-funded Scholarship to attend One Young World Conference) 2019
This year, AstraZeneca is collaborating with One Young World to offer 18 scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 25th May 2019
Eligible Countries: Worldwide
To be taken at (country): London, United Kingdom.
About the Award: Through the Young Health Programme (YHP), AstraZeneca works to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life. Youth are at the heart of YHP’s activities providing young people with a powerful voice in identifying their own health needs as well as planning and delivering solutions.
The successful scholars will join 7 other YHP youth delegates who are already involved with the programme, as peer educators, advocates, NGO partners or community youth leaders. In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in London.
Eligibility: We are looking for young people (aged 18 – 30) who work for or are involved with a non-governmental organisation, social enterprise, community based organization, or who are individuals making an impact through advocacy activities or direct programming related to fighting the burden of non-communicable diseases. In particular this scholarship seeks to support young leaders making an impact in at-least one of the following areas:
- Tackling tobacco use and alcohol consumption
- Increasing physical activity and exercise
- Improving diet and nutrition
- Raising awareness of mental health and supporting people with mental health problems.
- Tackling pollution and improving air quality
Number of Awards: 18
Value of Award:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 21 and 25 (inclusive) October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Access to Youth Health Programme pre-Summit workshop
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit (these can be claimed by Scholars after the Summit)
Duration of Award: between 21 and 25 (inclusive) October, 2019
How to Apply: Apply Here
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Most Useful University Degrees for the Future
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World