AstraZeneca Young Health Programme 2020 (Fully-funded Scholarship to attend One Young World Conference in Munich, Germany)
This year, AstraZeneca is collaborating with One Young World to offer 21 scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
Application Deadline: 27th March 2020
Eligible Countries: Worldwide
To be taken at (country): Munich, Germany
About the Award: Through the Young Health Programme (YHP), AstraZeneca works to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life. Youth are at the heart of YHP’s activities providing young people with a powerful voice in identifying their own health needs as well as planning and delivering solutions.
The successful scholars will join other YHP youth delegates who are already involved with the programme, as peer educators, advocates, NGO partners or community youth leaders. In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in London.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders who are aged 18 – 30 and are able to demonstrate:
- Evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and/or social determinants of health programming.
- Leadership ability in championing and galvanizing stakeholders around their chosen cause or issue.
- A capacity for innovation and problem solving that is entrepreneurial and values-driven.
- Concern for local and global issues.
- Experience of working towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
Number of Awards: 21
Value of Award: The scholarship includes:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
- Access to an exclusive Youth Health Programme pre-Summit workshop.
- Hotel accommodation in Munich on a shared basis between 12 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020.
- Return air or rail travel for scholars living outside of Germany.
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner between 12 and 17 October.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues in Munich.
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit. These can be claimed by Scholars after the Summit.
- Reimbursement of the Schengen visa application fee (if applicable).
- Reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with traveling to and from the Summit.
- Reimbursement of the Schengen visa application fee (if applicable). Please note that scholars will be required to pay the visa application and insurance fees themselves. They will then be able to apply for reimbursement from One Young World. Expenses will be reimbursed within three months of the Summit.
Duration of Award: between 12 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020.
How to Apply: Apply Here
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat