International Development Office Scholarships at Swansea University 2017/2018 – UK
The Swansea University UK offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships for international students to study for any course at the University 2017/2018
Application deadline: 6th July 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International students (non-EU students)
To be taken at (country): Swansea University UK
Fields of Study: Courses available at Swansea University.
About the Award: International Development Office Scholarships program is offered by Swansea University’s International Development Office, UK. The scholarships will be awarded to international students who have excellent academic records and can describe financial need. The International Development Office recognises the ambition and talent of many international students and offers scholarships up £6000 for undergraduate study and up to £4000 for postgraduate taught study.
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught.
Selection Criteria: For candidates who can demonstrate
- Above average academic qualifications. and
- financial need.
- Applicants must be from the listed non-EU and EU countries only.
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees.
- Whilst applicants are not normally eligible to hold other Swansea University awards such as bursaries, or home country sponsorship, the Scholarship Committee may in exceptional circumstances choose to award in addition to or concurrently with such held awards.
- Applicants must be enrolling on an eligible course at Swansea University for the first time in September 2017.
- International Excellence Scholarship holders progressing into Year 2, will be eligible for a £2000 award dependent on academic results of Year 1 of 65% and above.
- International Excellence Scholarships are available for the first year only of any Postgraduate degree programme.
- Applicants must have completed an application for a place to study at Swansea University which must have been received by the Admissions Office by the 6st July deadline.
- Successful candidates will have their tuition fee levied at enrolment. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their £2000 deposit.
- The International Scholarship Committee may use whatever means of assessment it thinks most appropriate in order to determine which candidates are worthy of recommendation for the award of a scholarship.
- Scholarship holders, having accepted an award, are reasonably expected to co-operate in Swansea University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Development Office for marketing purposes.
- If it is deemed necessary for a Scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held on university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis.
- If in the view of the appropriate Head of School, a Scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the Scholarship may be withdrawn. A Scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the Award. The candidate may be required to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified s/he may appeal in writing to the Head of the International Development Office within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- Having accepted an award, should a Scholarship holder withdraw from the University, the holder will be liable to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee’.
- The International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
- Students progressing from ICWS and students currently studying at Swansea are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding committee, and it may be that applicants are awarded a scholarship of a lower amount to the one which you may have originally applied for.
Number of Awardees: Several
How can I Apply? Download application form and complete it, then
- Please return the Application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail: The International Development Office, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP
Or fax: +44 1792 295839
All candidates must have accepted the offer of a place at Swansea before applying for an International Development Office Scholarship.
Award Sponsors: Swansea University