Are you an innovative entrepreneur with a sustainable business plan that contributes to an eco-friendly lifestyle and reduces greenhouse-gas emissions? Your plan might be worth €500,000!
Application Deadline: 1st June 2017.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Amsterdam, The Netherlands
About the Award: The Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is one of the world’s largest competitions in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship. From 1 March 2017 until 1 June 2017, green start-ups from all over the world can submit their promising sustainable business plans to the the 11th edition. The winner will receive €500,000 to further develop the product or service, and to bring it to market. The runner-up will receive €200,000. An international jury selects the winner and runner-up.
The Dutch Postcode Lottery started the competition in 2007, after being inspired by president Clinton to look for those dedicated entrepreneurs with brilliant green business plans. Plans that are ready to speed up the transition towards a low carbon economy. The answers to the issues of our time are already in front of us. But it takes entrepreneurs like the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge finalists to present us with sustainable solutions and get them out into the world.
Eligibility: Candidate should:
- be willing to bring your idea to market yourself, and to commit to working with any organisation necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service
- be 18 years or older
- agree with all Terms & Conditions
- fully complete all the questions on the entry form in English
- be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist to present your idea to the jury (reasonable travel and lodging expenses for one person per finalist will be reimbursed)
Selection Process: The Plan:
- should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate
- should be developed enough to execute
- should be realisable as a usable product or service within the next two years
- should preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles in the designs
Besides these criteria, the jury will also look at factors such as: communication potential, courageousness and creativity.
Selection Process: Five finalists will be selected Mid-August for the final round of the competition. If you have been selected you will be invited to come to the grand final Amsterdam on September 14. There you will present your business plan in front of a selected audience and an international panel of experts.
Value of Program: The winner receives €500,000 to further develop their service or product and bring it to market within the next two year. The runner-up will receive €200,000.
Duration of Program: June 2 – September 14, 2017
How to Apply: APPLY
Award Provider: The Dutch Postcode Lottery