L’Oréal-UNESCO Women in Science South Africa National Fellowships 2019
The L’Oréal- UNESCO partnership launches the first edition of the South African National programme to support young females scientists.
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2019
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
About the Award: The first edition of the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science South African National Programme aims to promote and encourage young women in science.
This programme identifies and rewards talented young female scientists in the field of Formal sciences, Life sciences, Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering and Technological sciences.
The programme was previously the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science subSaharan Africa Regional programme.
Since its inception in 2010, the programme grew significantly and with the vision of empowering more young female scientists, we have decided to split the initial programme into two programmes:
- A new national programme for South Africa
- The regional programme for the 48 other countries in the Sub-Saharan Africa region
The Programme will honour, 7 talented South African women for the quality of their research and encourages them to pursue a career in science in any South African Province.
Type: Fellowship, Award
- Having obtained Ph.D. degree in Formal sciences, Life sciences, Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering and Technological sciences or pursuing studies leading to a Ph.D. degree at a South African university in one of the 9 Provinces
- Be a South African Citizen
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution or being enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in South Africa
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years old by the end of the application period for PhD and not more than 45 years for Post-doctoral Fellowships
- The candidate’s outstanding academic records [including number, quality and impact of the publications (impact factors to be submitted), conference presentations, patents…]
- The scientific quality of the research project
- The innovative nature and productivity of the research and its potential application in science
Number of Awards: 5 doctorates and 2 post-doctorates
Value of Award:
- €5,000 for doctorates (R80,000) and
- €10,000 for post-doctorates (R165,000)
Timeline of Programme: Date of ceremony is October 24th, 2019
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India