WHO/EDCTP Clinical Research and Product Development Fellowships 2020 for African Researchers
The Clinical Research and Product Development Fellowship scheme is jointly implemented by EDCTP and TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2020, 17:00
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The EDCTP Association and TDR decided to implement this fellowship scheme through a joint call for proposals. This joint call will have a leverage effect on the number of individuals trained, resulting in an increased impact on research and development capacity in LMICs. The partnership will ensure synergies between the different parties involved and will facilitate communication with researchers and clinical staff, academic affiliated research institutions, clinical research organisations (CROs), pharmaceutical companies and product development partnerships (PDPs).
Eligibility: A proposal will only be considered eligible if:
- its content corresponds, wholly or in part, to the topic/contest description for which it is submitted
- it complies with the eligibility conditions set out below, depending on the type of action:
- The applicant must be a legal entity established in sub-Saharan Africa and must be the home organisation employing the fellow**.
- The fellow must:
- be a post-graduate (MSc or PhD) or medical graduate with clinical and/or research experience in infectious diseases;
- have obtained their post graduate or medical graduate degree within 15 years of submission of the application;
- be a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the last 12 months in an organisation with a registered legal entity in sub-Saharan Africa, and who has been conducting clinical research activities in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme;
- provide a letter of support from the home organisation for the fellowship which is justifying the training needs of the fellow and explaining how the home organisation will benefit from the fellowship and how the reintegration of the fellow will be ensured***;
- not have been funded under this fellowship scheme before****.
- Placements sought shall be for a period of 15 months, following which there will be a re-integration period of up to 6 months
- The requested EDCTP contribution per action shall not exceed EUR 100,000.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: €100,000 maximum funding
Projects funded under this Call for Proposals should:
- contribute to the achievement of SDG3 ‘Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages’
- support the development of human resources and should promote high quality research and development in sub-Saharan Africa
- add significantly to the development of promising researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, in order to enhance and maximise their contribution in research institutions in sub-Saharan Africa, including training of peers
- contribute to strengthening collaboration between research institutions, researchers and clinical staff in sub-Saharan Africa, pharmaceutical companies, CROs and PDPs.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Stop Being Broke - 9 Things to Do
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa