University of Cape Town Research Masters (MPhil) in Health Science Education Scholarships 2020
The FHS Writing Lab, situated within the Department of Health Science Education (DHSE) in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Cape Town, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time (2 year) research masters (MPhil) in Health Science Education commencing in 2020.
To be Taken at (Country):
About the Award: The Masters programme in DHSE is the only full-time research masters programme in Health Science Education in the country. The programme includes intensive support that will enable you not only to successfully complete your degree, but also prepare you to undertake doctoral research in the future.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Health Profession Education or equivalent. In the absence of a PG Dip HPE, applicants will be considered on the basis of their portfolio of experience and qualifications;
- Demonstrated competence on the TOEFL test for applicants who do not hold a degree from an English medium university and/or who are from a country where English is not the official language
- Reliable and continuous computer access and internet connectivity.
- Students may be required to attend an educational research methods course and other coursework as appropriate to the topic of the dissertation, depending on their prior knowledge and experience.
- Students registering for the first year of masters in 2020
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: This research is supported by a UCT University Research Council (URC) grant that includes running costs and a student bursary of R100 000 pa, renewable for a second year based on satisfactory progress.
Duration of Award: 2 Years
How to Apply: Interested individuals are invited to submit:
- A cover letter
- A full academic CV in which you highlight educational courses, workshops and/or conferences attended, presentations given;
- An expression of interest statement in which you outline your interest in this research area
Application should be submitted to Dr Natashia Muna (PI) at [email protected] by the 29th of February 2020