IUCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for East African Students to Study at Kyungdong University, South Korea
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) wishes to announce a call for applications for undergraduate Scholarships to study at Kyungdong University, South Korea, commencing in September 2019 for the study of; Bachelor’s degree in Smart Computing, Hotel Management, and Business Administration.
Application Deadline: 25th March 2019
To be taken at (country): South Korea
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study Bachelors degree in; Smart Computing, Hotel Management, and Business Administration.
Eligibility: Scholarships are awarded to applicants (citizens and residents) of East African Community Partner States (5 students per Partner State including; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) meeting the entrance requirements below;
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of and resident in any of East African Community Partner State (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda);
- Have completed the pre-university level with excellent results;
- Have completed pre-university level during the academic years of 2017 or 2018;
- Subject areas and combinations to include; Mathematics and English;
- Have minimum grades of B in mathematics and English;
- English Language Requirements: Be proficient in English. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. The admission requirements for non-native speakers are IELTS 5.5 or IBT 71.
- Applicants should not be more than 22 years of age.
Selection Criteria: Upon the submission of required documents, applicant’s performance, and available slots per Partner States will be the criteria for selection of eligible applicants.
Number of Awards: Up to 30 scholarships are available each year for the next 5 years.
Value of Award: The scholarship covers the following:
Ø Kyungdong University will provide scholarships for each selected student comprising of;
· Tuition fees of USD 10,000per year up to 4 years;
· Accommodation fee of USD 1,600per year;
Ø IUCEA will provide:
· Return Air ticket at the beginning and end of every two years;
· Provide Health Insurance of USD 200 per year;
Ø Parent/Guardian of selected students will meet other living expenses estimated at USD 200 per month.Duration of Programme: The duration of this scholarship will be 4 years until completion of the under the graduate programme, subject to satisfactory performance each year of study.
How to Apply:
- Completed application form and all the above-required documents MUST be submitted by 25th March 2019 either electronically as PDF documents (in one folder) or hard copies to IUCEA (see address hereafter).
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying