IUCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarships: The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) wishes to announce a call for applications for undergraduate Scholarships to study at Kyungdong University, South Korea, commencing in September 2022 for the study of; Bachelor’s degree in Smart Computing, Hotel Management, and Business Administration.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2022
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda
To be taken at (country): South Korea
Field of Study: IUCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded to study Bachelors degree in; Smart Computing, Hotel Management, and Business Administration.
Eligibility: Scholarships are awarded to applicants (citizens and residents) of East African Community Partner States (5 students per Partner State including Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) meeting the entrance requirements below;
Applicants for IUCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of and resident in any of East African Community Partner State (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda);
- Have completed the pre-university level with excellent results;
- Completion of the pre-university level of education in the home country in 2020 or 2021.
- Subject areas and combinations to include; Mathematics and English;
- Have minimum grades of B in mathematics and English;
- English Language Requirements: Be proficient in English. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. The admission requirements for non-native speakers are IELTS 5.5 or IBT 71.
- Applicants should not be more than 22 years of age.
Selection Criteria: Upon the submission of required documents, applicant’s performance, and available slots per Partner States will be the criteria for selection of eligible applicants.
Number of Awards: Up to 30 scholarships are available each year for the next 5 years.
Value of Award: The IUCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarship covers the following:
The scholarship covers the followings:
- The full tuition fee of $10,000 per year for up to 4 years (by KDU Global).
- On-campus accommodation fee of $1,600 per year up to 4 years (by KDU Global)
- Return air ticket at the beginning and the end of every two years (by IUCEA)
- Health insurance support every month for 4 years (by IUCEA)
- Application processing and handling fee of $200 after selection (by IUCEA)
Students and their guardians/sponsors are liable for subsistence expenses estimated to be around $250 per month based on average students’ cost of living in South Korea.
How to Apply: Applicants should adhere to following procedures:
All applicants will be subjected to a merit-based two-stage selection process.
Stage I: IUCEA shall conduct the preliminary selection of candidates. Interested applicants must submit either electronic or hard copies of the following documents to the IUCEA Office in Kampala, Uganda:
- Complete the electronic form on this link https://forms.office.com/r/q3vxPTEgNY
- submit the hardcopy Application FormKDU Global – IUCEA Scholarships 2022 – APPLICATION FORM_IUCEA-KDU-SCHOLARSHIP- 2022.docx 264 downloads 01-03-2022 9:27 Download 7.4 MB
- Statement of Interest to the Executive Secretary of IUCEA,
- Upload required documents;
- Recent passport photograph in colour with a clear shot of face and upper shoulders
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) including names and contacts of two references.
- Two letters of reference (the same referees as in CV, one of the referees should be the Head of the Institution where the student completed his/her secondary school).
- Certified copies of national pre-university certificates and transcripts (Provisional Results will only be temporarily acceptable if endorsed by the Issuing National Agency).
- Evidence of citizenship and residency of a Partner State in the East African Community: passport/ National ID and residency attest is required.
FOR IUCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarships, All documents must be combined into one PDF file and submitted to IUCEA by April 15, 2022.
Stage II: KDU Global will conduct individual assessments and confirm the final selections. Candidates might be required to submit additional documents and designated forms if deemed necessary.
Final selection notices will be sent out to the successful candidates only by May 23, 2022.
VI. KDU Global Admission
Scholarship recipients may be required to submit other additional documents for final admission to KDU Global upon receiving guidelines.