Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment, Middle East and North Africa – Fall 2020
The Professional Fellows Program offers promising young professionals the opportunity to gain training and practical experience working in organizations in the United States.
Deadline for Morocco & Tunisia: 30th November, 2019
Deadline for Algeria, Egypt, Libya & Lebanon: To come up in January 2020
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment, Middle East and North Africa is a two-way exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders committed to strengthening their communities through social entrepreneurship and workforce development.
PFP Fellows are placed in intensive fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices for an individually tailored professional development experience. They build a broad network with American and other program participant colleagues as they develop a deeper understanding of U.S. society, enhance their professional skills. American participants who have hosted foreign fellows travel overseas for participant-driven reciprocal programs.
Type: Fellowship, Short course
Eligibility: Who Should Apply?
- Entrepreneurs, and Social Innovators.
- Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
Eligible candidates must be:
- 25-40 years old
- A current citizen and resident of: Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, or Lebanon
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
- Currently employed
- Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country
- Able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
Number of Awards: 38
Duration and Value of Programme:
- Spring Program: 18 April – 29 May, 2020. Open to applicants from Morocco & Tunisia.
- Fall Program: 10 October – 19 November, 2020. Open to applicants from Algeria, Egypt & Lebanon.
Fellows will participate in a 6-week program, (Spring and Fall, 2020) each with:
- A one-week host family stay
- A one-week business development and social entrepreneurship intensive with University Partner
- A one-month fellowship placement in individual businesses and/or offices in Washington, D.C.
- 4- days Participation in the Professional Fellows Congress
- Design and development of a complete proposal for a follow-on projects to be carried out by PFP fellows, supported by mini-grants
How to Apply: Apply Here
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Signs You Are Not Serious about Making Progress in Life
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In Ukraine
25 Things You Didn't Know About Studying Engineering