Fulbright Community College Initiative (CCI) 2019 for Egyptian Young Professionals
The Community College Initiative (CCI) Program provides Egyptian young professionals an opportunity to attend one academic year of non-degree study at accredited U.S. community colleges.
Application Deadline: 8th January 2019
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): USA, Egypt
About the Award: The CCI Program encourages a well-rounded learning and exchange experience and focuses on five program pillars: academics, cultural exchange, service learning, internships, and leadership and action planning. All pillars of the CCI Program are of equal importance. The CCI Program is designed to build participants’ technical skills in applied fields, enhance their leadership capabilities, and strengthen their English language proficiency. The program also provides opportunities for professional internships, service learning, and community engagement. Immediately after completing the program, participants are expected to return to Egypt with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the country’s development and economic growth. The CCI Program is a program of the U.S. Department of State.
Field of Study: See in Program Webpage Link below
- Egyptian Citizenship.
- Age between 21 and 30.
- Has completed a secondary (technical or general) degree or its equivalent with a minimum grade of 70%.
- Highest Educational Degree:
- Graduates of Technical Schools/Institutes: 3-year Technical Secondary School; 5-year Technical Secondary School; 2-Year Higher Institute; or General Secondary School
- Bachelor’s degrees: A. holders must have a minimum of 2 years recent work experience in the field of application, which must be other than the field in which the B.A. was attained.
- Minimum valid TOEFL score of 400 (TOEFL ITP), or 32-34 (TOEFL IBT) from AMIDEAST or from one of the official ETS-approved centers listed below, or a minimum valid IELTS score of 4.5.
- Has limited or no overseas study experience.
- Is able to receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Is willing and physically able (with accommodations as required) to complete the program in its entirety including activities or travel that may be programmed on any day of the week
- Is currently residing in Egypt and will remain in Egypt from the application date till the program start date.
- Is able to begin the academic exchange program in the U.S. in July/August 2019.
- Male applicants must have military service exemption/postponement at the time of application.
- Is committed to returning to Egypt immediately after completion of the program.
- Women, people with disabilities, and candidates from ALL Egyptian Governorates are encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- J-1 visa support.
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States.
- Tuition and mandatory college fees.
- Housing and meals.
- Small allowance for books, materials, and incidental expenses.
- Limited Accident and Sickness coverage that is J-visa compliant.
- A variety of personal and professional development activities.
Duration of Programme: 2 years. Program begins Summer of 2019 (July/August 2019).
How to Apply: