Government of Greece International Scholarships to attend Modern Greek Language and Culture Courses 2018/2019
The State Scholarships Foundation (Ι.Κ.Υ.) announces that it will offer up to fifty (50) scholarships to foreign nationals (non-Greek Nationals or non-Greek Nationals of Greek descent) from countries worldwide in order to attend courses and seminars in the Modern Greek Language and Culture.
- The application deadline is 19th November, 2018. The original documentation along with the application and the curriculum vitae shall have a postal seal by this date.
- The electronic application deadline (only the curriculum vitae and the application form) is 11th November, 2018.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Greece
About the Award: This programme is intended for foreign nationals, holders of a graduate degree from a non-Greek university outside Greece, who do not permanently reside in Greece. Courses and seminars are being offered since 1992. From 2006 and onwards candidates from all over the world join activities.
Award takes place in any of the public universities in Greece. It covers all levels of language competency.
The programme also includes cultural events and educational visits to Greek sites of historical interest.
A certificate of attendance is awarded upon completion of the programme.
Type: Short courses
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- Be nationals of any country of the world excluding Greece (not with dual nationality – both foreign and Greek).
- Hold a graduate degree from a non-Greek University outside Greece.
- Not exceed the fortieth (40th) year of age until the 01/01/2018.
- Be not permanent residents in Greece.
- The knowledge of the Greek language acquired during this specific course should contribute to enhance the candidates work opportunities and to promote the Greek language and culture in their countries.
Applicants must meet the above requirements by the application deadline.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or illegible application files will not be taken into consideration.
- Applicants who are or have been on a scholarship by the I.K.Y. will be excluded from the programme with the exemption of ex-scholarship holders of the Modern Greek Language and Culture programme who wish to approve their Greek language competency.
- Candidates under legal prosecution will be excluded from the selection process.
- Applications by undergraduates who have not yet obtained their University degree will not be considered.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship covers the following costs:
- Free meals and accommodation in University residence or in flats provided by the University which will undertake the programme.
- A monthly allowance of 150, 00€ (net amount) for personal expenses.
- 200, 00€ for initial expenses.
- Free emergency medical treatment under the Greek National Health Service (only in public hospitals). European citizens should have the European Insurance Illness Card from their insurance agency of their country.
Tuition fees and other relevant costs.
Duration of Programme:
- The duration of this scholarship is seven (7) months and is only offered for a specific course in the Modern Greek language and culture organised mainly at one Greek University. The University, which will hold this course, will be decided by the I.K.Y after a selection process.
- The courses will start on December 2018 and will end on June 2019.
How to Apply:
- An application form, duly completed, signed and with one recent photograph attached.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae according to the european template “Europass” (in English or Greek language).
- Certified copies of University Diplomas – Degrees.
- Certificates indicating the knowledge of Greek (if any) or English or French language.
- Two (2) letters of reference (in Greek, English or French) by a University Professor.
- A written evidence of employment as a teacher of Greek, if any.
- A recent (issued 1 month approximately prior to the application submission) health certificate by a national hospital or from the relevant recognized health service stating that the applicant does not suffer from any infectious diseases.
- A copy of a valid passport / national identity card.
The above original documentation requested shall be submitted through the Greek Diplomatic Authorities. The Greek Diplomatic Authorities will check the documents and send them to the IKY. Only the application form and the curriculum vitae shall also be submitted earlier (as word documents) to the email: [email protected] .
Candidates that are in Greece just before the submission deadline are required to contact their Diplomatic Authorities in Greece.
Application forms are available from the Greek Diplomatic Mission or the I.K.Y. or as downloaded copy from the I.K.Y website at: www.iky.gr.
The application shall be submitted according to the annexes 1 or 2: application form in Greek or in English.
If the documentation is not in Greek a certified translation (by the Greek Diplomatic Authorities abroad) into Greek, English or French must be supplied.
In addition, documents numbered 3, 4, 7, and 8 should bear the Apostille or be certified by the Greek Diplomatic Authorities (the Embassy or Consulate) in cases where the candidate’s state of origin is not a member of the Hague Convention (Apostille) of 5 October 1961 abolishing the requirement of legalisation for foreign public documents.
Applicants must submit only certified copies of the original documents, as these will not be returned.