Columbia University Alliance for Historical Dialogue and Accountability (AHDA) Fellowship for Students and Professionals (Funded) 2018
The Alliance for Historical Dialogue and Accountability (AHDA) fellowship brings together scholars, students, civil society organizations, journalists, educators, artists, policy makers, and others who work on historical dialogue issues for a semester of comprehensive learning and networking at Columbia University in New York City.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2019 at 11:59 GMT.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Award: The Program is designed for lawyers, journalists, teachers, social workers, community organizers, artists, scholars and other human rights activists working on issues related to dealing with the past such as: transitional justice, historical dialogue, memory studies, historical justice, oral history, history education.
- Participants are selected on the basis of their previous work experience in work that deals with the past, their commitment to the human rights field, and demonstrated ability to pursue graduate-level studies. Full-time students will not be considered.
- Applicants who are mid-career and hold full or part-time jobs pursuing their advocacy efforts are preferred.
- Fellows must work in the country and/or region where they live.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fellows must provide proof of institutional endorsement in English from their organizations for their participation in the Program and must commit to returning to that organization upon completion of the Program.
- The program lasts a full academic semester, from late August to mid-December, and fellows are required to be in residence in New York City for this period.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: After the ISHR selection committee conducts its selection process, it makes every effort to secure funding for shortlisted Fellows to attend the program. In certain cases where ISHR cannot secure funding, shortlisted Fellows may be asked to secure the funds needed for them to be admitted to the program.
Duration of Programme: One Full semester
How to Apply: Click here to learn how to apply.