African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE) Conference Scholarships (Fully-funded to South Africa) 2020
We are pleased to announce that the 14th edition of the African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE) will be held in Johannesburg (South Africa).
Application Deadline: 1st June 2020 at 8am, Johannesburg time.
To Be Taken At (Country): Johannesburg, South Africa.
About the Award: African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE) is a high-level training programme in development economics which aims to build capacity in economics and economic policy-making. The course is run for two weeks and consists of lectures and seminars taught by leading international and African economists. This call is directed at talented economists, policy makers, academics and civil society activists who, if selected, will be fully funded to participate in the course.
APORDE will cover essential topics in development economics, including industrial policy, rural poverty, inequality and financialisation. Lectures will equip participants with key information pertaining to both mainstream and critical approaches. The programme will mostly consist of daytime lectures, while a number of shorter evening talks and debates will also be organised.
Eligibility: To be eligible for African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE):
- Applicants must demonstrate first-class intellectual capacity and (at least some) prior knowledge in economics/political economy, as well as proficiency in English.
- The objective of APORDE is to attract participants from a broad range of backgrounds and preference will be given to persons who have demonstrated exceptional capacity in their professional experience.
- The main body of participants will be drawn from Africa, but we welcome applications from Asians, Middle Easterners and Latin Americans who have research or work experience related to Africa.
Number of Awards: 25
Value of Award: The following costs will be covered for selected participants – travel, accommodation, conference fee and per diem.
Duration of Programme: 30th August – 11th September 2020.
How to Apply: The following documents should be prepared to upload
- An official transcript (showing courses taken and grades obtained);
- A certificate of the highest qualification
- A recent curriculum vitae not exceeding 5 pages in length
- 2 (two) letters of reference, where possible 1 academic referee and 1 professional
- For those whose main medium of instruction or work is not English, some proof of English proficiency will be necessary. Results of Standard English proficiency tests (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS) will be preferable, but other proof may also be accepted (e.g. a sample of written work in English).
- The word format of the application form which you will find on the APORDE web page.
- Please do not forget to Login or Register to download the APPLICATION FORM.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat