International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Fellowship Programme for MENA Countries 2018
The 2018 Middle East & Northern Africa (MENA) Fellowship Program application period is now open.
Application Deadline: 23rd March, 2018 at 17:00 EST
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen
To Be Taken At (Country): The Netherlands
About the Award: The Middle East & Northern Africa (MENA) Fellowship Program, supported by the British Council, provides access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals to early and mid-career leaders from the MENA performing arts community (Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen). Participants join the ISPA membership and attend the ISPA Congress where they engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world’s most significant arts organizations, increase their industry knowledge and resources through educational opportunities, and share their experience with their communities.
Type: Fellowship (Career/Professional)
Eligibility: The MENA Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders working in the management of all professional performing arts.
- Be performing arts management professionals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen
- Be currently employed/working in the performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the arts
- Not currently be a member of ISPA (nor have been one in the past three years) or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in the Leeuwarden-Friesland ISPA Congress (June 11 – 15, 2018)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: In 2018, Fellows receive:
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the Leeuwarden-Friesland Congress (June 11 – 15, 2018) including the Anthony Field Academy prior to the Congress.
- Up to $2,300 US to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the Congress
Duration of Program: June 11 – 15, 2018
How to Apply: To apply to the MENA Fellowship Program, please download and review the application instructions and submit the online application form. Applications are reviewed and selected by the Fellowship Review Committee which consists of members of British Council and ISPA staff.
Award Providers: ISPA, British Council
Important Notes: The application deadline will not be extended, and late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted. ISPA welcomes all eligible applications.