Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program 2019 for Women Building Peace (Fully-funded to San Diego, USA)
The Women PeaceMakers Program (WPM) offers a unique opportunity for women building peace to engage in a cycle of learning, practice and reflection through participation in a 12-month fellowship.
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Institute for Peace and Justice (IPJ) at the University of San Diego’s Kroc School of Peace Studies, USA.
About the Award: Four Women PeaceMakers and four individuals, who represent international non-governmental organizations, will be selected as a cohort to build mutual learning and stronger partnerships between women peacebuilders and international organizations who are working to end cycles of violence.
During the 12-month Fellowship, the program will focus on Pillar II of the Kroc IPJ’s Peace Partnership Compact: Equitable Funding Partnerships, to strengthen and build more effective partnerships between local and global peacebuilders.
For 2019, the focus of the Program is on strengthening Funding Partnerships Between Local Women Peacebuilders and International Funders
Type: Fellowship (Professional), Training.
Eligibility: Applicants for the Women PeaceMakers fellowship must:
- Have worked for 5-10+ years as a peacebuilder and have worked directly in their local peacebuilding contexts;
- Demonstrates peacebuilding/peacemaking skills and attitudes;
- Be in a position to participate in all activities during the 12-month fellowship and apply what is learned at the conclusion of the residency program;
- Has worked directly with an international or national funder;
- Demonstrate local credibility and a strong social network within her country/community of practice;
- Speak sufficient English to relate personal experiences;
- This year we are looking to bring on an American (from the United States) Women PeaceMaker – such applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Selection Criteria: International partners will likewise be selected based on their work in and support of more inclusive peace processes.
Value of Award:
- There is no cost to participate in the Women PeaceMakers Program. Selected peacemakers will receive a per diem to cover basic living costs during the residency. This funding is to be used for meals and incidentals, and any local transportation needs apart from residency activities.
- The program provides all funding related to securing a visa, travel and airfare to and from San Diego at the beginning and end of the residency, and lodging throughout the seven weeks.
- The program encourages applicants to seek supplemental funding from other sources if needed, although the funding provided by the IPJ for those selected will be sufficient for the full seven weeks.
- Housing will be provided at La Casa de la Paz, ”The House of Peace,” on the campus of the University of San Diego in California
Duration of Program: 12 months (September 2019 – September 2020)
How to Apply: Apply Now
Please see the Program Webpage (Link is below) for information on Application.
Award Providers: Kroc School of Peace Studies, USA.