Harvard University Tunisia Office of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
Application Deadline: 1st April 2019
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Award: The call for applications is open to scholars in the Humanities or Social Sciences who have received their PhD within the past seven years. The fellowship extends for 10 months, from September 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020. The successful candidate will reside in the greater Boston area and will be required to teach a one-semester course on the area of specialization, in English or in Arabic. Preference will be given to the most qualified applicant whose research includes Tunisia and North Africa.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met:
- Preference will be given to postdoctoral researchers who are residents and/or citizens of Tunisia or postdoctoral researchers who are studying topics related to Tunisia.
- Doctoral qualification should have been obtained in one of the following disciplines: Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, or Political Sciences, with preference given to those whose credentials are from a Tunisian university.
- Postdoctoral fellow is required to teach a one-semester course in English or in Arabic. Priority will be given to candidates with a research interest in Tunisia and North Africa.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be evaluated by a CMES committee based on the relevance and the quality of the research proposals and the applicants’ language proficiency for teaching in either English or Arabic. The successful applicant will be notified by June 1, 2019.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The 10-month salary for this position will range from $47,500 to $56,000 and should cover the successful applicant’s accommodation, food, and visa fees. A round-trip economy class ticket from Tunis to Boston will be issued in addition to the stipend. It is estimated that the successful applicant will spend 30 hours per week on research and 5 hours per week on teaching and advising students. The fellow will work with the Director of CMES on the course design and matters pertaining to research.
Duration of Program: 10 months
How to Apply:
- All application materials should be submitted electronically on CARAT, a Harvard platform for grants and fellowships.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying