International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD) Scholarships 2019 for Developing Countries – Belgium
The purpose of the scholarship is to promote peritoneal dialysis by encouraging eligible individuals to extend their knowledge and expertise in peritoneal dialysis by visiting, for a period of up to 3 months, an established PD center with experience in training new PD specialists.
- 15th April 2019
- 30th September 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Choosing your Fellowship destination is vital to ensure the success of your training. We recommend you choose the destination based on the similarities between your home institution and your destination; the language of training; the training program agreed with your destination; travel connections.
About the Award: The purpose of the scholarship is to promote the awareness of peritoneal dialysis by encouraging qualified individuals to extend their knowledge and expertise of peritoneal dialysis by visiting a center of excellence for up to 3 months. The Awards Committee reviews the applications with respect to merit, appropriateness, facility to be visited, the supervising physician at the facility, and geographic distribution of applicants. Preference is given to promotion of peritoneal dialysis in developing countries.
Each award recipient is expected to submit a brief summary of their experience within 3 months after completion of the visit and how they feel their experience will assist them on their return to their home institution and country. The report should be sent to the Chairman of the ISPD Scholarship Committee.
Type: Short courses
- Applications are encouraged from developing countries.
- ISPD members as well as non-members may apply. From developed countries*, only individuals younger than 40 years of age are eligible.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award:
- Scholarships are awarded for a maximum amount of $5000, for up to 3 months of study. The funds are to be used to support travel and living expenses and for educational expenses during the visit to the host institution.
- The training should take place within 12 months after the communication of the scholarship award to the successful candidate. Extension beyond this period requires the applicant to communicate the reasons for the delay and to receive permission from ISPD.
- Scholarships for periods shorter than 6 weeks will be considered if applicants have specific and defined goals and objectives that they would like to pursue at a host institution. Funding will be pro-rated accordingly
How to Apply: Applicants have to submit a completed (1) application form together with (2) an application letter justifying the application, (3) a curriculum vitae, a (4) letter of acceptance from the institution to be visited, and (5) a letter from the home institution director / supervisor supporting the application. All this information has to be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the deadline.
Applicants should clearly specify the duration and intent of their visit, future plans after the visit, and the rationale for the amount of funding requested.
Applications should be sent to: