Mobility East Africa Travel Grant for Artists and Cultural Practitioners in East Africa 2017
Apply for a travel grant to participate in an East Africa Arts event
- The Mobility East Africa grant programme accepts applications all year round.
- You can apply at any time but grant review can take up to 3 months.
Eligible Countries: East African countries
About the Award: This fund is exclusively for East African nationals and residents looking to travel to either Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
Eligibility: Apply for a Mobility East Africa travel grant for your chance to participate in an arts event in East Africa.
- The grant is accessible to artists between 18 – 35 years of age looking to participate in exhibitions/festivals/residencies/workshops across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Ethiopia.
- Successful applicants will be expected to share their travel experience in innovative, digital and publically accessible ways.
Selection Criteria: The selection team will be looking for applications that:
- Show generous and innovative ways of sharing your travel experience with others, both online and offline;
- The impact of the grant is clear: you have had limited travel before or it is clear that this experience will greatly benefit your practice.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: This travel fund covers only the transport cost to a maximum of £ 400 per person.
How to Apply: To apply, simply produce a: two-minute video; or a one-minute audio recording; or fill in this application form to answer the following questions:
- Where do you want to go and what’s happening there?
- When and why do you need to go?
- How will you share your journey with others?
You need to answer all three questions for your application to be considered, no more and no less.
Only applications submitted through the form will be considered.
Award Providers: The Mobility East Africa programme is co-produced by British Council, DOEN Foundation, and Lambent Foundation.