Bangor University and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission are jointly funding 6 scholarships for masters study at Bangor University in September 2023.
Application Deadline: Agencies will nominate candidates to the CSC by December 2022. Nominating agencies may set their own closing date for applications.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Preference will be given to students from East and Central African Countries. We are especially interested in applications from strong candidates resident in Uganda and Kenya who are refugees, internally displaced or have otherwise been affected by conflict.
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Field of Study: Available for all postgraduate taught courses (not including MBA courses) starting in September 2023
Eligibility: To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023.
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study.
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
- Candidates must check with the nominating agency for their specific advice and rules for applying, and their own eligibility criteria.
Number of Awardees: 6
Value of Scholarship:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- Tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,236 per month,
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a dissertation, where applicable
- Warm clothing allowance and visa reimbursement, where applicable Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants
How to Apply: Applications must be made using the CSC’s online application system
Candidates must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- National nominating agencies – this is the main route of applications
- Selected non-governmental organisations and charitable bodies
Click the ‘How to Apply’ tab here for further information.