LSHTM Diana Walford Scholarship 2020/2021 for Masters Students in Developing Countries
This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine in 2020-21.
Application Deadline: 12th February 2020.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): UK
About the Award: This scholarship has been created in recognition of Diana Walford and the dedication she has shown to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) throughout her term on Council. It is intended to support an excellent candidate who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support.
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank);
- intend to return to a low to middle income country on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system); andhold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2020-21 from LSHTM for one of the eligible MSc programmes of study (please see application notes below for eligible courses).
The selection panel awarding this highly competitive scholarship will consider applicants’ experience and qualifications and potential, looking for those with the greatest potential to accelerate in their career and make significant contributions to public and global health, and/or health-related research (following a year’s study at LSHTM).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship will cover:
- 2020-21 tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees;
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,175.00; and
- an MSc summer project allowance of GBP 2,000.00.
Duration of Award:
How to Apply: Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
Submit an application for 2020-21 for an eligible MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary admissions documents (including references) are submitted via LSHTM’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
Please note that if you are applying for admission to LSHTM and are accepted, you will be asked to pay a deposit within 28 days. If you are applying for a scholarship at LSHTM, please email the Admissions Team within this 28 day period, specifying the name of this scholarship and the expected decision date. This must be repeated for every scholarship for which you are applying. The admissions team will then apply an extension to the deposit deadline to match the decision deadline of the scholarship.
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option 2020-21 Diana Walford Scholarship from the drop-down menu. A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references, transcripts, and a CV as part of their application for study).
If you have any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact our Scholarships team: [email protected]