DAAD PhD Scholarships in Healthcare Management at Strathmore University, Kenya 2020 for African Students
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), in collaboration with the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program (KWTRP) and Strathmore University’s Institute of Healthcare Management, are offering DAAD In-Country/In-Region Ph.D. Scholarships for year 2020.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2020
Eligible Countries: Citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
To be Taken at (Country): Strathmore University, Kenya
About the Award: This scholarship is available to the citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa who have a Masters degree qualification with above average (at least Second Class/Upper division) results.
Field(s) of Study: Ph.D. in Healthcare Management
- They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDEAL.
Eligibility: Candidates must meet following eligibility criteria:
- Be a national of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must have a Masters degree qualification with above average results.
- Must have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the PhD program or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Up to 5 scholarships available.
Value of Award: The winners will receive:
- The award includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates and some contribution towards research costs. Please note that this is not a fully-funded position, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the program information sheet.
- The successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from Strathmore and KWTRP.
Additional benefits: DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also
a) encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 3 up to 6 months.
Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship and can only be awarded if the necessary financial means are available.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- A monthly scholarship payment for living costs
- Health/accident/personal liability insurance
- A flat-rate travel allowance
b) invited to apply for different Summer Schools in Germany (four weeks).
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Duration of Award: PhD-scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted. The maximum period for the PhD is three years.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It