Oak Foundation Clinical Medicine Scholarships for Select African Countries 2017/2018
Up to four full scholarships are available for applicants who are ordinarily resident in Nepal, Zimbabwe, Kenya or Vietnam and who are applying to the full-time DPhil in Clinical Medicine, specialising in Tropical Medicine and Global Health.
Application Deadline: 6th January 2017
Eligible Countries: Nepal, Zimbabwe, Kenya or Vietnam
To be taken at (country): University of Oxford, UK
Eligible Fields of Study: DPhil in Clinical Medicine, specialising in Tropical Medicine and Global Health.
About the Award: The scholarship is jointly funded by the University and the Oak Foundation, which aims to fund the brightest future scientists and make a significant impact on infectious disease research around the world.
Eligibility: You will be considered automatically for these scholarships if:
- You are applying to start a new graduate course;
- You submit your course application by the relevant January admissions deadline;
- You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline; and
- You meet the eligibility criteria.
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit, unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges. Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2017-18 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
The scholarship is only tenable at Linacre College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to Linacre College in order to take up the scholarship.
Number of Awardees: 4
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers course fees, college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,296.
Duration of Scholarship: Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply: There is no separate application process for this scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline (6 January 2017). Selection is expected to take place by the end of May 2017.
Award Provider: University of Oxford, Oak Foundation
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION