Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Programme for Women in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Canada) 2019
The call for applications for the 2019 GCL program is now open
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2018 12:00pm
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Antigonish, Nova Scotia in Canada and candidate’s resident country
About the Award: Established in 2011, the Global Change Leaders Programme is a seven-week education programme offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. This programme enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Programme participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
Offered Since: 2011
Type: Training/Short Courses
Eligibility: This programme is targeted to emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the programme to put their learning into practice;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;·
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
Candidates must be from a country eligible for Official Development Assistance.
Value of Award: The Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
Programme participants benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders from around the world. The programme is led by a core team of staff in the International Centre for Women’s Leadership and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
Duration of Program: For 2019, the Global Change Leaders Program consists of two main components:
- August 12 – September 29, 2019: A seven week on-site intensive course.
- October 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020: Participants will benefit from one-on-one mentoring from experienced women leaders upon their return home for up to six months
How to Apply: Apply here
Remember to read the Application Instructions before applying.
Award Provider: Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership