University of Tokyo Masters Scholarships for International Students 2018/2019
The University of Tokyo provides international students with scholarships that cover school expense exemptions, scholarships, emergency loans, and student discounts. This year, scholarships will be provided to students willing to undertake courses at the Graduate School of Science for 2018/2019 academic session.
Application Deadline: 1st May, 2018 For those entering in September
The application must arrive no later than the last day of each application period without fail.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Japan
Eligible Field of Study: Courses in the Graduate School of Science
About the Award: The purpose of this scholarship is twofold: to financially support Self-Supported International Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the number of students from abroad.
- All self-financed overseas students with outstanding performance who pass the entrance examination for the Master’s Program at the Graduate School of Science to enroll in September 2018.
- Priority goes to UTRIP(University of Tokyo Research Internship Program) participants.
- Applicants who are already in Japan are not eligible to apply. As a rule anyone receiving or expecting to receive any other scholarship awards are excluded.
- As a rule applicants of scholarships from private foundations (including provisional applicants) are not eligible.
- Applicants for the JASSO’s Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students will not be excluded. However, if accepted for this scholarship, it is expected that the Honors Scholarship from JASSO will be declined.
- Applicants for the University of Tokyo Foundation for Supporting International Students (including provisional applicants) will not be excluded. However, if accepted for this scholarship, it is expected that the scholarship from the University of Tokyo Foundation will be declined.
Selection Process: Among the applicants who submitted Application documents, the Selection Committee will select and nominate candidate(s) to the Dean. The recipient will be decided by the Dean based on the nomination from the Selection Committee. The notification will be sent to the applicant by e-mail in one month after the acceptance letter for the Master’s Program is sent out
Number of Awardees: A few（Enrolling in April or September）
Value of Scholarship: 150,000 yen monthly stipend. The stipend will be paid into the bank account quarterly after getting the confirmation of enrollment.
Duration of Scholarship: From September, 2018 to August, 2023
How to Apply: Applicants should submit the application documents (see below) to the International Liaison Office at the Graduate School of Science by post at the time of their Graduate School application for admission into the Master’s Program.
Mailing Address: found in the link below
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students 2087 Application Form: 1 original copy (see link below)
- One letter of recommendation for the Graduate School of Science Scholarship application from a faculty member of your college or university
Award Provider: University of Tokyo
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World