Danish Government Cultural Agreement Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students
The Danish Government Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements are aimed at highly qualified exchange students wishing to immerse themselves in studies of the Danish language and culture or other fields of study related to Denmark.
Application Deadline: 2nd March 2020 at 23:59 (CET)
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (country): Denmark
Eligible Field of Study: All
Type: Masters and PhD
Eligibility: Scholarship will only be considered if the student fulfils the following requirements:
- Is a citizen of a country outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Does not have permanent residence in an EU or EEA country
- Is NOT studying in Denmark through an exchange programme or any other study agreement which is tuition fee waiving
- Has shown good academic results previously from former studies or passed exams
- Has passed an English language test, preferably an IELTS test with a score of 6.0 or similar recognised test with a high score provided for academic studies
- Scholarships are only available to master’s and PhD-level students. However, bachelor’s degree students wishing to study Danish language and literature can also apply if they have studied the Danish language for two years.
- scholarships are only offered to students enrolled in full-degree studies at higher education institutions in the countries listed above.
- PhD students must likewise be employed at, or affiliated with, higher education institutions in the above-mentioned countries.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Danish Government scholarships programme covers 30-50% of the tuition fees, which means that the rest must be paid by the student. Students who are awarded a scholarship from UCN may under certain circumstances also receive an additional partial monthly living costs scholarship.
Duration of Scholarship: Danish Government Scholarships may be awarded for the entire duration of a study programme or for single semesters.
How to Apply: To be considered for a scholarship, the applicants must:
- Fill in the scholarship application form including a motivation letter stating the reasons for applying to UCN and the reasons for applying for the specific programme in question
- Apply and be accepted to one of the English-taught study programmes which UCN offers
Furthermore the students must attach:
- Documentation of passed exams (translated into English)
- Documentation of relevant working experience
- References (if any)
- Copy of passport
- Documentation of applying for a programme at UCN