Are You an Alumni of a UK Institution? Enter for the British Council Alumni Awards 2020
Apply or nominate anyone for the UK Alumni Awards that you know attended a university in the UK and is taking great strides in their profession or community as of today.
Application Deadlines: 28th October 2019 (*please note, specific countries have an earlier closing date).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries except the UK
Eligible Field of Study: All
About the Award: The Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education. Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, professions and countries.
If you, or someone you know, studied in the UK and have gone on to achieve exceptional success, apply yourself or nominate someone today.
- Alumni must be currently residing in one of the 14 countries participating in the Alumni Awards 2020
- Alumni must have studied in the UK at degree level or above:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2004 or later)
- for a minimum of one term or semester
- enrolled at an officially recognised (160 institutions) or listed (650 institutions) UK higher education institution
Selection Criteria: All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following four criteria:
- IMPACT: evidence of tangible impact, and scale of impact, of your work (inspired by your UK education) in your profession/community/society.
- UK INFLUENCE: evidence of how your UK education has played a key influence in your success and impact.
- MEDIA TRACTION: Extent to which your success story is likely to resonate with local/regional/national media in your country of entry, or beyond (global media).
- POTENTIAL TO INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE: Extent to which (including capacity and willingness) you and your story are likely to influence and inspire the next generation of prospective internationally mobile students in your country of entry to choose the UK as their study destination.
If you are applying yourself, you will need to answer three short questions on the application form to explain how your UK higher education has contributed to your success and why you think you should be considered for an Alumni Award 2020.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Finalists and winners at all levels (national, regional and global) will benefit from their global profile being made more visible through press and publicity opportunities, and building their professional networks. The three Global Alumni Award winners will be invited to the UK for a professional networking opportunity in Summer 2019.
How to Apply: How to prepare to apply yourself, or nominate someone, for an Alumni Award 2020:
- Check the eligibility criteria and read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Choose the award category
- Prepare a statement
- Gather supporting documents
- Apply or nominate here
Award Provider: British Council
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India