Matsumae Research Fellowship: Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) has started receiving applications for “the 2024 Research Fellowship Program”.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023 17:00 (Japan Standard Time).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Japan
Fields of Study: Fields of study such as natural science, engineering, and medicine are given priority. Candidates are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions, or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
About Matsumae Research Fellowship: Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all the following requirements are eligible to submit application documents.
● Applicants must obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan before application.
● Applicants must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
● Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
● Applicants must have sufficient English or Japanese language ability.
● Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (other than short-term stays such as for sightseeing or conferences)
● Applicants must have an occupation in their home countries, return there upon completing their fellowship tenure and should contribute to the development of their own country.
Number of Awardees: 10 or less
Value of Matsumae Research Fellowship:
- Stipend for research and stay
- Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo)
- Lump sum on arrival
Duration of Scholarship: Three (3) to six(6) months.
How to Apply: Applicants should go through the Application instructions on the Program Webpage before applying.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details