University of Exeter Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2020/2021 for Developing Countries – UK
The University of Exeter is delighted to offer this scholarship in partnership with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study a Masters programme in the United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 18th December 2019 at 16:00.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Fields of Study: For September 2020 entry, there will be up to four scholarships at the University of Exeter available to eligible applicants entering the following programmes:
- MA Education Leadership and Management
- MSc Global Sustainability Solutions
- MSc Sustainable Development
- MSc Environment and Human Health
Eligibility: An interested candidate can apply for this scholarship if they:
- are a Commonwealth citizen, refugee or British protected person permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country (please see the CSC’s webpage in link below for a list of eligible countries) AND;
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND;
- have not studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country AND;
- are unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK AND;
- are not currently studying at a University of Exeter campus or are not a University of Exeter graduate AND;
- by August 2020, hold a first degree of either first or upper second class (2:1) classification, or lower second class (2:2) classification plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a masters degree) AND;
- hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme at Exeter in September 2020 in one of the following courses above.
Please note that all candidates must have met the English Language Requirements before applying.
Number of Awardees: 4
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries:
- 100% of tuition fees;
- return airfare to the UK;
- a maintenance award and additional allowances
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program
How to Apply: Please note that all candidates must have met the English Language Requirements before applying. For more information on the scheme, including information on who is eligible to apply and how to apply, please see the information for applicants section on the Commonwealth Scholarships website.