Scholarship Name: DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries
Germany: MIPLC – DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries 2013/2014
Accepted Subject Areas?
Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries
The MIPLC (Munich Intellectual Property Law Center) is a part of the DAAD’s program of “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries.” If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply.
The application period for the 2014/15 intake will open in June 2013.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate scholarship for developing countries
Who is eligible to Apply?
If you would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries”, please make sure that you fulfill the following formal requirements:
- You are 36 years or younger;
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree, completed with above-average results;
- You received your degree no more than six years ago;
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience;
- Your English test scores meet the MIPLC requirements, i.e. IELTS band 7.0, or TOEFL ibT 100/ cbT 250/ pbT 600. Institutional TOEFL scores will not be accepted. This requirement does not apply if your native language is English or if you have obtained your university degree from a university or program where the language of instruction is English.
How long will sponsorship last? for the duration of the programme
Any developing country
To be taken at (country): Munich Intellectual Properety Law Center (MIPLC) Germany
The general deadline for application is October 15
The deadline for Applicants from Cameroon, Myanmar, or Nigeria, who must submit their application file to the German Embassy in their home country, is July 31 of the previous year, e.g. July 31, 2013, for the 2014/15 intake.
Your complete file with all required documents (this includes your English test scores) must reach the MIPLC by this date. Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows:
- Please refer to the DAAD program brochure 2013/14 and read the information carefully;
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards; keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, the stricter requirements prevail;
- Apply for admission to the MIPLC by using our online application system, accessible below, and follow the instructions provided;
- When you come to the end of the online application, check “I would like to apply for financial assistance” and “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance Application Form that opens automatically;
- Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided;
- Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (for details, please refer to the brochure – NB: the MIPLC does not require a research exposé);
- Send your complete application as detailed below.
Please submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, Myanmar, or Nigeria, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country.
Please make sure that your file is complete with all the documents indicated above. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by the dates specified below.
You must apply (more than) a year in advance.