Brief description: Germany: MIPLC – DAAD is offering Scholarship in Masters courses for students from developing countries at German institutions of Higher education 2016/2017
Accepted Subject Areas?
Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries
The MIPLC (Munich Intellectual Property Law Center) is a part of the DAAD’s program of “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries.” If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply.
Applications for 2016/17 will be accepted from June 1 through October 15, 2015.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Internationally recognised Master’s degree
Who is eligible to Apply?
If you would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses,” please make sure that you fulfill the following formal requirements:
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree, completed with above-average results;
- You received your latest degree no more than six years ago;
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained after the completion of your first university degree;
- Your English test scores meet the MIPLC requirements.
Duration: for the period of the programme
Eligible Countries: Any developing country
To be taken at (country): in Germany
The general deadline for application is October 15 2015
Applicants from Cameroon or Nigeria must submit their application file to the German Embassy in their home country. The deadline for applications is July 31 of the previous year, e.g. July 31, 2015, for the 2016/17 intake.
Please send your documents in good time to ensure their timely arrival at the MIPLC. We are regrettably not in a position to track your files with the German postal service or any courier services.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, proceed as follows:
- Refer to the DAAD program brochure from the link below and read the information carefully;
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards; keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, the stricter requirements prevail;
- Apply for admission to the MIPLC by using our online application system, accessible below, and follow the instructions provided;
- When you come to the end of the online application, check “I would like to apply for financial assistance” and “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance Application Form that opens automatically;
- Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided;
- Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (for details, please refer to the brochure – NB: the MIPLC does not require a research exposé);
- Send your complete application as detailed below.
Submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, Myanmar, or Nigeria, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country.
Please make sure that your file is complete with all the documents indicated above. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by the dates specified below.
From the list of admitted candidates, the MIPLC will then put together a shortlist of candidates for the DAAD scholarship. All shortlisted applicants will be invited for a Skype or telephone interview. Based on these interviews, MIPLC will pre-select the scholars. The final decision about allocating the scholarship rests with the DAAD.
The successful applicants will be informed by the DAAD directly. All unsuccessful applicants will receive communication from the MIPLC.