Scholarship Name: Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme (LExS)
Masters scholarships for students of any nationality to pursue postgraduate degree in Law, International Relations and Diplomacy and other programmes at Leiden University Netherlands 2015/2016
Accepted Subject Areas?
All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes offered at the university including the following programmes for all nationality:
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air & Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Civil & Commercial Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Law & Digital Technologies
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Human Rights Law
- MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme (LExS) is offered for excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
- Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting February 2014 or September 2014 (All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
- All nationalities enrolling in the programmes listed above starting September 2014 or February 2014
Number of Scholarships: The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department.
Value of Scholarship
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 types of awards
- Platinum- Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee* and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs
- Gold- Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee*
- Silver- Covers 75% of the tuition fee
- Bronze- Covers 50% of the tuition fee
- Ivory- Covers 25 % of the tuition fee
How long will sponsorship last?
Scholarship will last for the duration of the masters programme
To be taken at (country): Leiden University, Netherlands
What time of year does Application Close?
Deadline 1 October 2014 for programmes starting in February 2015.
Deadline 1 February 2015 for all programmes starting in September 2015 except Law programmes.
Deadline 1 March 2015 for all Law programmes starting in September 2015.
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page
You are required to write a letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship. The Word document should then be attached on the scholarship page in your online application for the master’s programmes for which you are applying.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
Leiden University Netherlands