Masters scholarships for students of any nationality to pursue postgraduate degree in Law, International Relations and Diplomacy and other programmes at Leiden University Netherlands 2021 Application Deadline: Programmes…
Founded in 1575, the University of Leiden is the oldest in the Netherlands. The institution became famous during the Dutch Golden Age when students from all over Europe came to the Netherlands for their intellectual development.
At Leiden University; one of the 100 best universities in the world in 3 leading international rankings, students can make a valuable contribution to address the various national and international challenges facing modern society. Together with academics and classmates from around the world, students will actively address these challenges.
Leiden keeps an open mind so that students do not shy away from difficult discussions and allow them the space to disagree. Leiden expects the same active, open, and critical attitude from his students.
Leiden challenges students to look beyond their own limits. Welcome anyone who wants to reach their full potential.
Students are also be encouraged to research cooperation with eminent academics and enthusiasts. The knowledge and skills that students develop in Leiden will benefit them for the rest of their lives, regardless of the career they choose. Leiden traces a learning path that adapts to students and their ambitions.
· Study experience
Leiden offers in 7 faculties, more than 50 Bachelor programs, 14 of which are taught in English, and more than 79 Master’s programs.
It offers a truly international experience with almost 4,000 international students and 129 nationalities. It is a small-scale academic community where there is room for personal contact and respect for talents and opportunities. Students, also have the opportunity to interact closely with academics and university thinkers, as the university is home to 16 Nobel Prize winners and graduates in all professional fields of life.
Faculties of study
- Governance and Global Affairs
- Social and behavioral sciences
Leiden’s Tuition Fees
Your nationality, study program, and previous Dutch higher education qualifications determine the amount of tuition fee you have to pay. There are four categories of tuition fees;
The statutory tuition fee: The statutory tuition fee is €2,143 (2020-2021 academic year)
- The institutional tuition fee for students who are not nationals of an EEA country, Suriname or Switzerland: The faculties of Archaeology, Humanities, Law, and behavioral sciences pays €11,500 as tuition, while that of Sciences and Medicine pays €15,300. Also, the faculty of Governance and Global Affairs pays €11,500 with an additional €2,385 as tuition.
- The institutional tuition fee for a second Dutch degree program:
If you are taking a second Dutch bachelor’s program, you will generally have to pay an institutional tuition fee that is higher than the statutory tuition fee.
The faculties of Law, Archaeology, and Social and Behavioral Sciences pay €9,700 as tuition, while that of Sciences pays €12,700. Also, the faculty of Medicine pays €17,000 while that of Governance and Global Affairs pays €9,200 with an additional €2,385 as tuition.
Available scholarships for studying at Leiden University
Holland Scholarship for incoming students
The Holland Scholarship is intended for talented international students who would like to follow an English-taught Bachelor’s program at Leiden University.
Eligible countries: All nationalities, except EU/EEA, Swiss, and Surinamese passport holders.
Scholarship Type: Bachelor’s degree to study any course at Leiden’s
Amount: One-off payment of € 5,000 – which you will receive after arrival in The Netherlands in your first year of studies.
- You are not eligible for support from the Dutch study finance system.
- You have never studied at a Dutch university or a Dutch university of applied sciences.
- You have completed your pre-university education outside The Netherlands.
The Holland Scholarship for outgoing students
The Holland Scholarship (outgoing) is intended for talented Leiden University Bachelor’s and Master’s students who want to study, undertake research, or do an internship at an institution or company.
Scholarship Type: Master’s
Destination countries: Switzerland and all countries outside the EEA, except the United Kingdom
Amount: One-off payment of € 1,250
- Your study, internship, or research must be a recognized part of your study program at Leiden University, for which you will receive a minimum of 10 study credits.
- Your period abroad must be approved by your program’s Board of Examiners.
- The study, research, or internship must be a minimum of 7 weeks and a maximum of 12 months in duration.
- Compose a letter of
- Request a transcript of grades from your faculty’s Education Administration Office.
- Complete and submit the Holland Scholarship online application form. Make sure to include your letter of motivation and transcript of grades, otherwise, your application will not be considered.
In essence, everything concerning studying at Leiden’s has been spelled-out. So, in case you are a Leiden aspirant, you’ve got no worries.
Leiden University offers scholarships for international students (+Africans) to study in the Netherlands at the university | For undergraduate & graduate degrees. Apply Now
We are pleased to announce a new PhD training partnership in African Studies between the Universities of Edinburgh and Leiden, which will offer four fully-funded, four-year PhD studentships. Application Deadline: 1st May 2020. …
The ASC Leiden hosts visiting research fellows in the framework of the Leiden African Studies Assembly (Leiden ASA), a network for cooperation between Leiden based Africanists. Application Deadline: 1st April 2020. To be taken at…
The Holland Scholarship at Leiden University is intended for talented international students who would like to follow an English-taught Bachelor’s programme. Application Deadline: Leiden University deadline: 1st April 2020 (programmes…
Masters scholarships for students of any nationality to pursue postgraduate degree in Law, International Relations and Diplomacy and other programmes at Leiden University Netherlands 2020 Application Deadline: Programmes starting…