Each year the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia -NWAG- offers undergraduate Scholarships for 37 Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study.
In 2014 NWAG plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of fifty thousand Naira (N50,000) each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
Field of Study: Any
Scholarship Worth: Fifty thousand naira (N50,000)
Type of Scholarship: The NWAG scholarship is a onetime financial aid award
An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University. All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:
“What are the effects of the frequent Nigerian teachers’ strikes on student academic performance and learning?”
All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
All applications must be Post-Marked or Emailed by May 30, 2014.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
Note: Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified.
All electronic submissions MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT
Download the scholarship announcement and Application form