Scholarship Name: Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Master’s Scholarship
2012/2013 Masters Scholarship by Online Distance Learning at the University of Edinburgh for international students from Developing Countries
Accepted Subject Areas?
Scholarships will be available for students pursuing one of the following distance learning programmes:
College of Humanities and Social Science
- LLM Innovation, Technology and the Law
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics
- LLM Information Technology Law
- MSc E-Learning (including PG Certificate and PG Diploma)
- MSc Landscape, Environment & History
College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
- MSc Anaesthesia Practice
- MSc Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health
- MSc Clinical Education
- MSc Equine Science
- MSc Forensic Medicine and Science Health Informatics
- MSc Global Health and Infectious Diseases
- MSc Health Informatics
- MSc Health Information Governance
- MSc International Animal Health
- MSc International Health: Non Communicable Diseases
- MSc Neuroimaging
- MSc Pain Management
- MSc Surgical Sciences
- MSc Translational Medicine
What is this Scholarship about?
The University of Edinburgh will offer 6 Master’s scholarships for eligible distance learning Master’s programmes offered by the University to students from countries with emerging economy.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Who is qualified to apply?
- The scholarships will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission onto the above eligible distance learning Master’s programmes at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in the countries listed below.
How Many Scholarships are available? Six (6) scholarships will be awarded
What is the benefit?
Each scholarship recipient will be awarded a total value of £5,000 financial aid which will be deducted from the tuition fee for the entire part-time programme of study.
How long will sponsorship last?
For the duration of the programme
Eligible African Countries
Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Developing Countries
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Comoros, Eritrea, Haiti, India, Korea, Dem Rep, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Rep
Where will it be taken (country):
University of Edinburgh, UK
The closing date for applications for these scholarships is 31 May 2013
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.
When completing the personal statement of the scholarship application form, please indicate why Distance Learning suits your particular circumstances making reference to both online learning and distance learning.
Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Scholarship is offered by the University of Edinburgh
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
A Selection Committee will meet in June 2013 to select the scholarship holders. The winners of the scholarships will be announced by the end of June 2013