École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) offers a limited number of fellowships at the Master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Some of the fellowships are financed by EPFL directly and others through partnerships with foundations or companies.
- 15th February 2017
- 15th May 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Participation is open for candidates of any nationality
- Anyone applying to an EPFL Master’s Program is eligible for the scholarship.
- Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs.The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships is done based solely on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates.
Selection Procedure: A first screening is done by sections. The attribution of the fellowships is then done by the Excellence Fellowships Committee, presided by Prof. Vandergheynst, Vice-Provost for Education.
To ensure that all fellowships are distributed in case of withdrawals, multiple candidates can be selected and placed on a waiting list. The fellowship is then offered to the main candidate who will be given a deadline (2-4 weeks) for confirming the acceptance of her/his admission and fellowship. In case of withdrawal or absence of response, the fellowship is offered to the first candidate on the waiting list who then get a deadline (1-2 weeks) for confirming the acceptance of her/his admission and fellowship.
Number of Awardees: Limited
Value of Fellowship:
- For external applicants, the scholarship includes CHF 16’000 per academic year split into monthly payments (CHF 32’000 for a two-year Master’s or CHF 24’000 for a 1 1/2 year Master’s) and reservation of a room in student’s accommodation.
- Note that accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by the fellowship holder.
How to Apply: The application is done via the same online form that your application to a Master’s program is sent. It is however necessary to tick the box indicating that your profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship.
Applications are reviewed twice a year, in February and May, following Master’s programs admission committees.
Award Provider: École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)