Applications are now open for the Oando Graduate Accelerated Programme 2019 for young Nigerians. Application Deadline: 21st October, 2019 Eligible Countries: Nigeria To be Taken at (Country): Nigeria About the Award:…
Internships in Nigeria
Internships in Nigeria are available to Nigerian students. Some of these internships could be paid internships opportunities, industrial attachments, and or training for students.
Some of the available categories are for undergraduates, graduates, as well as other internships based on field of study. i.e Doctoral etc.
What To Consider When Opting For An Internship In Nigeria
- Familiarize yourself with the company
You need to understand the company’s mission and office hierarchy are significant facets of any job. It is essential to confirm to whom and where you are reporting, which shows you understand the primary values of a company before your internship even starts. Pay special notoriety to the “about us” page and the company’s mission statement as these express company at its nucleus. Also, stay current on the latest occurrences within the company.
- Practice your commute
Take a test drive to the office. Understanding where you are going will only help you be on time or even early when coming in on your first day. Particularly if you are scheduling on using public transport to commute, make sure you double-check the bus cavern plans and practice walking from your bus stop to your office.
- Learn office etiquette
Learn how to sit and walk around the office. Don’t chew gum at work. Learn how to relate with staff and customers.
- Know the office dress code
Every job has its own unique dress code. It is vital to have relevant clothing usable for your new internship. Make sure you discern the dress code and if need be, go shopping beforehand. Knowing what to wear to work is necessary for your success at your internship.
- Become an expert in Microsoft Office Suite
If your internship involves a lot of typing or mathematical formulas, becoming common with Word and Excel shortcuts can save you a lot of time and frustration. Also, learn how a personal computer works.
- Bring a notepad
Chances are, your first day will be nothing but a colleague after colleague explaining the ins and outs of your workplace. While it is inviting to make mental notes, once the input becomes too vastly, you probably might forget the first thing you desired to remember. Make sure you come apt with a professional notepad, that way, you can write and organize everything you need to know in one simple niche.
- Read the newspaper
It is significant to be established on world events. No matter the industry you are interning in, knowing the names of key actors in your government and staying up to date on major world events is important.
Top Available Internship Program In Nigeria
- African Development Bank Internship Program
This internship provides students with an opening to acquire professional and practical knowledge at the Bank.
- Applicants must be students, aged between 18 to 30 years and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized private or public institution of higher learning.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
How to Apply
- Have a comprehensive CV and a cover letter
- A brief description of the program or the topic to be formulated during the internship.
- KPMG Undergraduate Internship Program
It is a 6 weeks internship program packaged for undergraduate students in Nigeria tertiary institutions.
- Applicants must be below 24 years of age.
- Have a minimum of 5 credits at SSCE (or its equivalent) in one sitting (Mathematics and English Language inclusive).
- Hold a minimum of second class (Upper) Division in any discipline.
- Must not be in the first or final year of study at the university.
- Pass an essay writing and interview assessment
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team.
How to Apply
- Have an up to date CV indicating your current CGPA
- An official transcript from your university/degree result for graduate interns
- GTBank Internship
The bank offers internship vacancies for students and graduates to learn from a world-class organization.
- Applicants must have completed WAEC/NECO with at least 5 credits including Mathematics and English.
- Have a minimum of 2.5 CGPA
- Have 1 guarantor (working with GTBank) or 2 guarantors (working in other organizations)
- Must not be more than twenty-six (26) years of age
- 1 passport photograph
- Birth certificate
- Valid means of identification (National ID, Voter’s Card, International Passport, Drivers License
- School ID card
- Statement of Results
- IT letter
How to Apply
Apply online through the bank’s website
- NNPC Internship
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is one of the biggest entities in the oil and gas sector in Nigeria. Intern usually last over a period of 6 months.
- All Nigerian undergraduate students irrespective of your field of study
- Students studying engineering related courses can work in areas like field support, business analysis, paper filing, or marketing
How to Apply
- Online through NNPC recruitment page
- Through a referral, if you know someone who works at NNPC. You can ask them to provide you a referral.
Undergraduates in Nigeria have a great opportunity for an internship program. Start here to apply for various internship opportunities.
Are you enthusiastic, outstanding and looking for an opportunity to attain your full potential? Apply for the Ashaka Cement Limited 2018 Graduate Trainee Programme. Application Deadline: 13th July 2018 Eligible Countries: Nigeria…
LEAP Africa in partnership with The DOW Chemical Company announces its call for application for the LEAP Africa School2Work Programme, a four-month intensive learning for graduates from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds. …
Inclusive Growth Unit of the UNDP is seeking to hire 2 interns to support SDGs implementation and monitoring. The interns will be supporting the State and Federal governments to design strategies for SDG implementation and data collection…
Seplat Petroleum Development Company PLC invites applications for its 2018 Graduate Scheme (GS). Application Deadline: 23rd November, 2017. Eligible Countries: Nigeria To Be Taken At (Country): Nigeria About the Award: The…
Applications are now open for the Procter and Gamble (P&G) Internships for recent Nigerian Graduates Application Deadline: Ongoing Eligible Countries: Nigeria To Be Taken At (Country): Lagos, Nigeria About the Award: Procter and…
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has opened applications for Intern - Communication, I at its country office in Abuja, Nigeria. Application Deadline: 21st August 2017 To Be Taken At (Country): Abuja, Nigeria…
Hewlett Packard (HP) Start2Grow Sales Graduate Program 2017 (Job ID 3011525) is a 2-year contract offered to young graduates from various countries. Eligible Countries: Greece, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, United Arab Emirates,…
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.