Kenya is one of the most rising developing countries. As a result of its precious wildlife, rich culture, the possibility of seeing the sunrise from the top of Kilimanjaro, reputable universities, and so on, Kenya is a place you would be tempted to visit and if care is not taken, may not dream of returning to the home country. This is why you should consider studying in Kenya.
To study in Kenya, students are expected to have between KES50,000 and KES70,000 per year. This includes tuition fees and other expenses.
- On average, tuition fees and charges would be valued between KES40,000 and KES65,000.
- Accommodation expenses should be around KES15,000 per month.
- Other expenses like feeding, insurance, travel and others are around KES3000 and KES6000 (KES means Kenyan Shilling).
Scholarships around the World for Kenyans
- Provost’s Excellence Funding Scholarship at Oregon State University, USA
The scholarship is made open to individuals who wish to pursue an undergraduate programme at Oregon State University.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The scholarship is partially funded and valued at $6000 per year and is subsequent to renewal.
- The scholarship is available to Kenyans and other international students.
- Applicants must be offered admission into the university.
- The scholarship is renewable with a 3.0 GPA.
- Transfer students must have at least 3.25 GPA.
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship in the UK
The fully-funded International scholarship is open to Kenyans and other international students who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in any course taught at Queen’s University, Belfast.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The value of the scholarship includes the full tuition cost, awarded each year for a minimum of four years.
Eligible students must:
- Hold an offer of admission for a full-time study at the university.
- Be classified as an international fee-paying student.
Before applying for the scholarship, ensure you have applied for admission at the university.
- World Citizen Talent for International Students
International students from outside the Netherlands are encouraged to apply for the World Citizen Talent for International Students. The scholarship is open to students who wish to obtain a master’s degree at The Hague University.
Three scholarships are available, each valued at €5000.
- Not be citizens of the Netherlands
- Are enrolling for the first time at The Hague University.
- Have been given an offer of admission at the university.
- Have never applied for this scholarship in the previous years.
The deadline for the scholarship is March 31 each year. Applicants must submit an essay of about 1,100 words explaining how they would contribute to the multinational and multicultural beehive of The Hague University of Applied Science and how they can contribute to the programme applied for.
- FDU International Scholarship in the USA
The Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) offers scholarships to international students who are pursuing their programmes in the courses offered by the university.
The university provides an amount up to $27,000 per year for successful applicants.
- Applicants must have a high school certificate
- SAT/ACT is not required for the application of the scholarship.
- Student Essays Scholarship
Mystudentessays is an independent organization that believes in the power of education, knowledge, awareness and guidance. This prods them to award the amount of $1000 each to five students of colleges and universities to cover tuition fees, accommodation, and books.
- Be students in colleges or universities.
- Have a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Write an essay mentioning ten strong reasons he/she deserves the award.
- International Distinction Awards
International students are given the opportunity to explore all their study options in one place through education by the organization.
Benefits of the Scholarships
Five lucky international students are granted the award to offset their study expenses. The award is up to €12,000 divided in multiples.
- Are undergraduate or postgraduate candidates who plan to study abroad.
- Must not be below 18 years.
- Provide a letter of acceptance by the university.
Those eligible for the scholarship must plan to enroll in the autumn semester.
Education in Kenya
Education in Kenya is a free primary education programme for all primary school pupils offered by the government of Kenya. This began in 2003 and it has skyrocketed the number of students who enroll for undergraduate studies.
Top Universities in Kenya
The following are the most popular universities in Kenya:
- University of Nairobi
- Kenyatta University
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Strathmore University
- Moi University
- Egerton University
- Mount Kenya University
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa
- Kenya Methodist University
- Paul’s University
- Daystar University
- United States International University Africa
- Technical University of Kenya
- Africa Nazarene University
Kenyans are making efforts to afford the best education, both locally and internationally. However, there should be more efforts by the government to provide financial aids to its citizens to help in the sponsoring of their education, especially, the less-privileged, academically excellent students.
The [email protected] call for the 4th cohort for a Master Programme in Embedded and Mobile Systems is now open. The programme with strong regional industry links equips students with in-demand skills and competences in a dynamic field. Graduates…
The Kenya Healthcare Innovation Program is a joint program between Kenya National Innovation Agency (KeNIA), Villgro Africa, ICChangeand Kijenzi. When is the Application Deadline: 24th September 2021 Tell Me About Kenya…
The Kenya Teachers Service Commission has announced 1,995 teacher internship slots to fill the gap left by the teachers absorbed to the service under permanent and pensionable terms. Of the total vacancies 1,038 will be for primary schools…
KFW Masters Scholarships: Call for Applications from Students in the East African Community (EAC) to pursue KFW funded Masters Scholarships. Application Deadline: 17th September 2021 not later than 17:00 hours, East African Time …
The Central Bank of Kenya invites applications for its six months’ internship program. Opportunities are currently available in the following functions; Finance, Research and Economics, Strategic Management, Communications and Legal…