The need for higher education is continually rising as more organizations hunt for business managers with higher qualifications. The best undergraduate and graduate degrees in business and management are for students who are also looking for innovative ways to pay for their education. Prospective students can use this list of the top 10 scholarship opportunities available for international students studying management courses to help them decide where to enroll and how they will pay for their degrees. Note that there are no rankings on this list.
Table of Contents
#1. IMA MEMORIAL EDUCATION FUND SCHOLARSHIP AND STUART CAMERON & MARGARET MCLEOD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Scholarship Amount: $1,000-$5,000
- Deadline: February 15
The Stuart Cameron & Margaret McLeod Memorial Scholarship (SCMS) and the IMA Memorial Education Fund (MEF) Scholarship are both available to students through the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). The IMA is a group of accountants and other business-related financial experts. This organization was established in 1919 and now boasts a healthy 80,000 members. The IMA commits to supporting and educating management accountants as well as developing the field of management accounting.
Furthermore, extensions of that goal include the Stuart Cameron & Margaret McLeod Memorial Scholarship (SCMS) and the IMA Memorial Education Fund (MEF) Scholarship. They give MEF scholarships to IMA student members enrolled in graduate and undergraduate programs, and they range in value from $1,000 to $2,500. The single $5,000 SCMS grant is automatically available to students who apply for the MEF awards.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 and enrollment in at least six undergraduate or graduate credits each semester are requirements for candidates for the MEF and SCMS scholarships.
- Students who want to work in management accounting, financial management, or information technology must be IMA student members.
- Application forms, resumes, official transcripts, two recommendations, and you should write a maximum of two-page statement.
- The IMA scholarship application deadline is February 15th.
- Scholarship Amount: $1,000-$5,000
- Deadline: February 15
AACE International offers up to $2,500 in scholarships. The primary authority in the area of cost and schedule management is the AACE. Since its founding in 1956, this organization has provided the cost management community with support, education, and a commitment to the development of the industry. Three different scholarships are available from the AACE to students in the US, Canada, and other countries. These awards are available to current full-time business majors who want a career in cost engineering or cost management. These scholarships have a range of amounts, with a lifetime cap of $2,500.
- The following fields of study are important for candidates to get the AACE International Scholarship: engineering, construction management, building construction, computer sciences, business, quantity surveying, or information technology.
- Candidates must be at an ABET-accredited institution (full-time) or in an ABET-accredited program at the time of application.
- You must have a 3.0 GPA.
- No full-time employment as a cost professional and a willingness to uphold the AACE International Code of Ethics are also requirements for students.
- The AACE International scholarships have a February 28th deadline for applications.
- Scholarship Amount: $500
- Deadline: March 31
Through their Business Student Prize program, AfterCollege is giving one deserving student a $500 prize. For college students and new graduates, AfterCollege is an online professional network. Since its inception in 1999, this network has grown to include over 25,000 firms and offers 400,000 jobs and internships. Through its network and job distribution technology, AfterCollege connects students and graduates with professional possibilities. Additionally, they continue to encourage students by offering this grant. Applications for scholarships will be judged on their professionalism and communication abilities. A $500 scholarship will be given out only once.
- Candidates must be current students pursuing an AA, AS, BA, BS, MS, or PhD in a business-related field, have an AfterCollege profile, and have a 3.0 GPA.
- Accounting, advertising, business administration, economics, finance, human resources, international relations, management, political science, and public relations are among the acceptable business majors.
- The applicant’s profile, which will serve as their application, must be created or updated.
- The personal statement and profile make up the majority of the requirements, while students can upload films and images to provide more context.
- The application deadline is March 31.
- Scholarship Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: December 15th
Students who demonstrate a keen interest in social media management will get a $1,000 Agorapulse Social Media Management Scholarship. Agorapulse is a well-known social media application that aids businesses and professionals in managing and utilizing their social media accounts on a single, effective platform. They are looking for students who have interests and original ideas for managing social media. Students in high schools and colleges seeking careers in business, marketing, computer science, communications, or IT are eligible for this extremely competitive prize.
- Students who meet the requirements must submit a full online scholarship application starting in January.
- The essay that serves as the application’s main component allows students to articulate their opinions on social management.
- For the aim of achieving business objectives, students must be able to describe in five paragraphs or less their observations on and/or experiences with the best practices for engagement and enhanced brand visibility on social media platforms.
- Every year in December, international students get this highly competitive scholarship.
- Scholarship Amount: $1,500
- Deadline: June 3rd
Three different winners will each get a $1,500 scholarship as part of the Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals (AICP) scholarship program. The AICP is a group that assists the community of insurance compliance professionals. By offering educational opportunities, encouraging partnerships, and facilitating information sharing within this fast-paced profession, this group seeks to advance competence and awareness within the insurance sector. Students enrolled full-time in one of the following programs are eligible for this scholarship: Insurance, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Management, Mathematics, Risk Management, Statistics, or a business-related subject
- An accredited institution’s second-semester sophomore, full-time enrollment, and a GPA of at least 3.0 are the minimum requirements for qualified applicants.
- Although this application is not reopenable, previous recipients of awards can reapply each year.
- A fully filled-out application, an official transcript, a CV, a letter of recommendation, and an essay outlining the applicant’s reasons for wanting to study or work in the insurance industry are required.
- The letter of recommendation must be written by a professor, employer, community or business leader, or clergyperson.
- The selection of applicants will be based on their GPA, participation in extracurricular activities, and level of interest in the insurance industry.
- The AICP Scholarship Program’s application date is June 3rd.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,500
- Deadline: TBA
In order to identify and support future Asian female business leaders, the AWIB annually awards the Asian Women in Business Scholarship. Asian Women in Business (AWIB) is a nonprofit group that was established in 1995 with the goal of assisting and empowering Asian women in business and other professions. The scholarship program recognizes Asian female undergraduate students who excel in leadership, business, community service, and/or good academic performance. Students get scholarships worth $2,500.
- A current undergraduate student attending full-time at an accredited four-year institution with at least a 3.0 GPA qualifies as a qualified applicant.
- The applicant must be a female US citizen or lawful permanent resident who has ancestry from one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam, and who is at least 50% Asian or Pacific Islander.
- Candidates must either hold a position of leadership in a charitable cause or have a track record of business success.
- A college transcript, one to six letters of recommendation, two essays, and a completed and signed AWIB Scholarship Application are required of applicants.
- The application will be available in March, with a deadline.
- Scholarship Amount: $25-$25,000
- Deadline: April 30th
The Economist’s Brightest Minds MBA Scholarship Contest, which focuses on the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), is open to aspirant MBA and EMBA students. The Economist was established in 1843 and is a newspaper and online news source with locations in New York, London, and San Francisco. They offer news in journalism, politics, business, finance, science, and technology, in addition to releasing MBA and business school rankings. After passing the comprehensive GMAT practice test, six winners will each get a scholarship. Five random applicants will get $25 Amazon Gift Cards each, and the applicant with the highest score will receive a $25,000 scholarship to one of the nine business schools that are participating.
- Candidates that meet the requirements might think about earning a Master’s or Executive Master’s in Business Administration degree.
- The scholarship recipient needs to use their $25,000 at one of the business schools sponsored by one of the following universities: MIT, University of California San Diego, Queen’s University, University of Virginia, Stevens Institute of Technology, Pepperdine University, York University, University of Edinburgh, Baruch College, CUNY, Lancaster University, or EMLYON Business School.
- Complete a 75-minute verbal and 75-minute quantitative components of a GMAT practice test.
- The application and practice test submission dates for students are in April.
- Scholarship Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: March 31st
An Accelerate Diversity Scholarship Program is available to STEM and business students by the IT corporation Cognizant in New Jersey. This Fortune 500 corporation has 100 development and delivery centers located all around the world that offer IT, consulting, and business process services. They have more than 244,000 employees presently, and they want to cultivate a diversified pool of talent in the future. To preserve a competitive edge in our global economy, Cognizant is constantly targeting various talent pools. You get a $5,000 scholarship if they choose you.
- Candidates must be current US citizens who are enrolled as sophomores or juniors at a four-year college.
- Students who are interested in a career in IT or other related business services must have a STEM or business major.
- A résumé and college transcript are required from applicants, along with a completed application form.
- Each applicant’s responses to two of four diversity-related questions form the basis of their application.
- One of the prompts must be an essay, while the other is a three-minute video response.
- August 1, 2016, to March 31, 2017, is when you can send your applications.
- Scholarship Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: March 31st
The United Negro College Fund and CVS Pharmacy are collaborating to give a $5,000 business scholarship. The largest pharmacy network in the US at the moment is CVS Pharmacy, which operates more than 68,000 retail pharmacies. The UNCF website is where you can apply for this scholarship. The nationwide nonprofit UNCF promotes minority education and community involvement, awards scholarships to black students, and contributes money to HBCUs. This fellowship is part of CVS’s dedication to fostering business-minded young scholars.
- Candidates for the CVS Pharmacy Business Scholarship must be US citizens or legal permanent residents who are enrolled full-time in an authorized four-year institution to pursue an undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree.
- Students must have an unmet financial need, be enrolled in a business, finance, accounting, or human resources course, and currently hold a 3.0 GPA. A CV, essay, transcript, and letter of recommendation are required from applicants.
- The deadline for applications is March 31.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,000
- Deadline: April 30th
An annual, renewable $2,000 scholarship is being offered by the lawn care firm GreenPal. After losing his previous position, the CEO of GreenPal started the business because he wanted to support ambitious students who would go on to become successful business people. This business initiative developed into an online lawn service platform that enables clients in the cities of St. Louis, Atlanta, and Charlotte to find, schedule, and pay for their lawn maintenance. Additionally, the CEO’s desire to help ambitious entrepreneurs who are pursuing their studies while managing a small business led to the creation of this scholarship program.
- The GreenPal Business Scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors, students in their first two years of a recognized two- or four-year college, or students enrolled in a vocational or technical school in the US who are also pursuing or running a small business.
- Candidates must enroll full-time, have a minimum GPA of 3.5, declare a major or minor in business, economics, or finance, and show an ambition to start their own company.
- To apply for this grant, students must email a 500–1,000 word essay along with a photo. June 1st is the application deadline.
Do you want to study abroad? Note that obtaining a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in this field helps to improve your chances in the labor market. Studying abroad is no joke for international students due to the cost. However, you can achieve your dreams without breaking the bank by applying for student loans, which you can pay for as long as 10 years.
MPower Finance and Prodigy Finance are some of the best student loan providers for international students. They also do not require a cosigner or collateral before an application. Reach out to us today, and let’s help you start.