STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) courses have gained a lot of popularity recently and are now considered a success certainty. Every year, millions of students apply for STEM programs. Almost every university offers STEM courses since these subjects provide intriguing career options. Universities provide a variety of STEM scholarships to encourage students to enroll in these courses. Read on for information on the best scholarship opportunities available for international students studying STEM courses.
Table of Contents
What are STEM Scholarships?
STEM scholarships are offered to students who essentially concentrate on STEM subjects. To be eligible to apply for this grant, students must major in one of these subjects. It will attest to the role played by students in various fields of employment. These days, attending school is incredibly expensive. Therefore, these scholarships will cover your educational costs just like any other award. However, they reduce the cost of attending college, much like any reward. Scholarships can be used for things other than education, like tuition, housing, materials, etc.
Furthermore, the lack of too many requirements is the nicest thing about these scholarships. For example, some grants are exclusively available to students enrolled in their major courses. The primary criteria for candidates for this scholarship are interest in and majoring in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Types of STEM Scholarships
No matter their race, ethnicity, or gender, students can apply for STEM scholarships. The scholarship options are as follows:
- Scholarships for STEM majors
- For Undergraduates
- For graduate students
- For Women
- For Minorities
- For LGBTQ
STEM Scholarships for Undergraduates
Undergraduates can start their studies while keeping their expenditures down thanks to the several STEM scholarships that are available. Students have access to eligibility requirements, so they can pick and choose which scholarships to apply for. The following undergraduate scholarships are available:
- AIAA Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships Program (Multiple Opportunities)
- ASDSO Scholarship
- ASME Scholarships Program (Multiple Opportunities)
- BMW/SAE Engineering Scholarship
- Herbert Levy Memorial Scholarship
- Microsoft Scholarship Program
- Peggy Dixon Scholarship
- Scholarship America Dream Award (Multiple Opportunities)
- Steinman Scholarship
- USRA Scholarship Award (Multiple Opportunities)
STEM Scholarships for Postgraduates
Here are some STEM scholarships for graduate students:
- AFB Paul and Ellen Ruckes Scholarship (must be legally blind; also open to undergrads)
- American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program (also open to undergraduate students)
- DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
- Masergy STEM Scholarship Program (also open to undergraduate students)
STEM Scholarships for Women
In the STEM fields, women are also benefiting. They receive the following honors and scholarships:
- ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc. Academic Scholarship
- AWIS Kirsten R. Lorentzen Award
- Aysen Tunca Memorial Scholarship
- BHW Scholarship
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Scholarship
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program
STEM Scholarships for Minorities
Several scholarships, including the following ones, are offered to the societies’ underrepresented groups:
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program (Graduate Students Only)
- Generation Google Scholarship
- NACME Minority Engineering Scholarships
- NSHSS Foundation Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
- SSAI Underrepresented Student Scholarship
STEM Scholarships for LGBTQ
The LGBTQ community deserves to be acknowledged! Their true talents have not yet been developed. There is an award for the LGBTQ community among the creative scholarships.
- LGBTQ: Out to Innovative Scholarships
How to Apply for STEM Scholarships?
Applying for these scholarships only requires a few basic steps. Please take a look:
- All you need to do is go to the scholarship’s official website to submit an application.
- Enter your phone number and email while registering. also, create a password.
- Use the credentials to log in after completing the registration process.
- Please select Apply now.
- Submit the necessary paperwork.
- Complete the submission, then.
Do you want to study abroad? Note that obtaining a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in this field helps to improve your chances in the labor market. Studying abroad is no joke for international students due to the cost. However, you can achieve your dreams without breaking the bank by applying for student loans, which you can pay for as long as 10 years.
MPower Finance and Prodigy Finance are some of the best student loan providers for international students. They also do not require a cosigner or collateral before an application. Reach out to us today, and let’s help you get started.