When is Application Deadline:
15th October 2023
Table of Contents
Tell Me About World Bank Treasury’s Summer Paid Internship:
Are you a college student with aspirations of making a difference at the intersection of finance, innovation, and international development? If so, the World Bank Treasury’s Summer Internship Program may be your gateway to a unique and rewarding experience.
The World Bank Treasury’s Summer Internship Program stands apart as the only initiative dedicated to college students. This program offers a remarkable opportunity to engage with global finance, contribute to innovation, and support international development.
Which Fields are Eligible?
The program will select up to 16 interns across Treasury’s 16 teams. Each intern will experience a unique rotation schedule, gaining exposure to various aspects of Treasury’s operations. Departments include Asset Management, Client Advisory, Compliance & Risk Management, and more. Visit our website to learn about each team’s role.
Who can Apply for World Bank Treasury’s Summer Paid Internship?
Where will Award be Taken?
Washington, DC, USA
How Many Awards?
What is the Benefit of World Bank Treasury’s Summer Paid Internship?
The Treasury Summer Internship Program is designed to groom emerging talents for a dynamic career in the financial industry. It serves as a stepping stone toward becoming a Junior Analyst, a two-year position on one of the Treasury teams, immediately following graduation. To qualify, applicants should be in their second to final year of a four-year college degree program.
Interns will embark on a ten-week journey that includes:
- Customized onboarding in the first week.
- Three three-week rotations across Treasury teams.
- Weekly discussions with the program director.
- A career perspectives speaker series featuring Treasury officers, managers, and directors.
- Access to Treasury’s extensive network, including meetings with the Vice President & Treasurer.
- Rotational presentation to the respective team.
- A capstone project presentation to the management team.
Compensation and Logistics
- Paid internship: $20.40 to $24.60 per hour (net for non-US Citizens, gross for US Citizens).
- In-person, full-time commitment in Washington, DC, for the entire internship.
- World Bank laptop provided.
- Visa sponsorship for non-US Citizens if required.
How Long will Award Last?
May 28 to August 5, 2024
- Onboarding Week: May 28 – 31
- Rotation 1: June 3 – June 21
- Rotation 2: June 24 – July 12
- Rotation 3: July 15 – August 2
- Capstone Presentation: August 5
Observed Holidays: June 19, July 4
How to Apply:
- Complete applications will be reviewed by a committee.
- Successful applicants will be invited to complete a remote test.
- A select few will be interviewed by the committee.
- All applicants will be notified of the result by December.
Ready to Apply?
Visit Indeed.com to submit your application for the 2024 Summer Internship. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this exceptional program and embark on a journey that combines finance, innovation, and global impact.
For any additional questions or inquiries, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section on our website.