Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2024 for Young Leaders. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline:
29th September 2023 11:59PM SAST
Tell Me About Global Citizen Fellowship Program:
This dynamic program will take Fellows through a multi-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive – not just during their time with Global Citizen but also in any future professional environment.
At Global Citizen we encourage people to learn and take action on our platform; those actions apply pressure on world leaders to make commitments around the issues associated with extreme poverty: gender equality, food security, education, the environment, global health, citizenship, and sanitation.
Who can Apply?
- Ages 18-21 (by time of application)
- Limited travel experience
- Family household income of under R120 000
- Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to reside in Johannesburg full time
- Must be available five days a week
- Physical attendance is compulsory.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
Jo’burg, South Africa
How Many Awards?
What is the Benefit of Award?
Global Citizen will support the scholars in professional and personal development through a deeper understanding of complex social issues and prepare the Fellows to become advocates of social change.
Fellows will be expected to engage in group and individual activities that focus on professional development, personal growth, advocacy, cultural exposure, social justice and equity. This will include group discussions and working to apply skills in local communities. After completion, fellows will receive letters of recommendation, guidance on future endeavors and stay connected with other Fellow alumni.
How to Apply:
Email [email protected] with the following:
1. A 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay answering the following questions
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on and why?
2. Letter of Recommendation from a teacher/professor, school administrator, community leader, or colleague
- This should come from someone who can speak about your motivation, ability to work in a team and potential to be an agent of change. Guidelines for recommendation letter