McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020/2021 for African Students
- Deadline to submit the Application for Admission in uApply: Your program’s deadline
- Deadline to submit MCF Supporting Documents in uApply: January 31, 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): McGill University Canada
About Scholarship: McGill University and The Mastercard Foundation are pleased to offer full scholarships to economically challenged, academically gifted Master’s students from Sub-Saharan Africa through The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
Watch Tutorial: How to Apply to Win the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship program is designed to sponsor outstanding, community engaged students to attend university who otherwise would not have the opportunity, thereby, fostering the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
In addition to financial support, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
Offered Since: 2013
Type: Masters ((non-thesis)
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (see Nomination Form);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal
of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a holistic set of financial, social, and academic supports throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Because applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program do not have to pay the $107.50 application fee, you must follow a special application procedure.
You will find detailed instructions on this special procedure, and complete information about applying to McGill as a MasterCard Foundation Scholar, from the link below.
Important Note: This application is for MASTER’s (non-thesis) applicants only.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them