Applications for WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship is now open! WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship develops leadership, innovation, employability and well-being skills required by young graduates to succeed in the engineering industry and beyond.
Application Deadline: 25th February 2024 23h59 GMT+2
To be taken at (country): Online then later offline (in South Africa, Namibia or Botswana)
About the WomEng Fellowship Southern Africa:
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2024 is an online programme providing Fellows with materials and resources to learn in their own space and time. This will be supplemented with regular online chats via WhatsApp and live master classes on Zoom. The programme will be run in four (4) modules between September 2023 – March 2024 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks. The programme is designed to shape the way women in engineering think about themselves as confident leaders in industry.
The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership Now – Unlocking Your Story and Style
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future of Work
- Module 3: Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Look After Yourself
- Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Engaged Fellows will be invited to networking events with leaders from De Beers Group and Southern Africa Fellowship Alumni represented from all three (3) countries (South Africa, Botswana or Namibia) in 2024.
Type: Conference, Fellowship
Who can apply for WomEng Fellowship Southern Africa:
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2024 or 2025.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2024 – March 2025 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
- Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return. You can download the questions here.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted.
- Further details regarding the programme delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of WomEng Fellowship Southern Africa:
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills.
- Grow a professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana) in 2024.
Duration of Award: 8 months
How to Apply for WomEng Fellowship Southern Africa:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.