East Africa Public Leadership Programme 2023 for East African Leaders. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline: 27th July 2023
Tell Me About Award: Welcome to the Futurelect East Africa Public Leadership Programme, we are so excited to embark on this journey with you! Futurelect is here to support the development of strong, diverse networks of political and government leaders across the region.
Futurelect’s non-partisan political and government leadership programmes are focused on ethical and transformational leadership and public purpose, underpinned by high-level mentorship by alumni and leaders in the public sector. Futurelect’s public leadership programme curriculum is centred on three thematic modes of learning:
- Transformational Learning: Internal, personal leadership work & development
- Transactional Learning: Public leadership skills-based content
- Systems Learning: Political and government institutional knowledge and understanding
Eligibility: To be eligible for this programme, you must be:
- A proven leader in your chosen profession, educational institution or in your community and society
- Located within the East African region
- Aged between 20 and 45
- Someone who is exploring if and/or how to run for elected political leadership or work in the public service
How are Applicants Selected?
We require that you complete an application form, submit a written personal statement, make a video submission and submit your curriculum vitae (CV).
We will then shortlist candidates, and both successful and unsuccessful candidates will be informed of the outcome. Successfully shortlisted candidates will be invited to our assessment weekend.
Each shortlisted candidate will be required to participate in a panel interview and a group assessment during the assessment weekend. Once the interview and assessment process is complete, we will inform all shortlisted candidates and announce the next class of Futurelect East Africa Public Service Fellows.
Which Countries are Eligible? The programme is open to nationals from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Uganda.
How Many Awards? Not specified
What is the Benefit of Award? This programme will help you to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of your public purpose and personal narrative
- Understand the complexities and practicalities of a life in the public eye and how to navigate these
- Learn practical skills in the art of influence, persuasion and negotiation required for running election campaigns
- Become equipped with the tools to enhance awareness and improve decision-making in the delivery of your mandate
- Learn about the importance of managing a successful transition into public office
- Gain skills needed to be resilient amidst the challenges that may come with your public leadership journey
How Long will Award Last? This is a nine-month programme, held over seven in-residence seminars. Participants will engage in a comprehensive curriculum that includes interactive workshops, expert-led seminars, practical case studies, and collaborative projects. They will explore ethical leadership, decision-making, policy development, public service delivery, stakeholder engagement, and effective communication.
How to Apply: Apply Now