Cambridge University Visiting Fellowships 2024 for Scholars from the Global South. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline: 20th June 2023.
The results of the selection process will be communicated to all applicants before the end of July 2023.
Tell Me About Award: The Centre for Research in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CRASSH) at the University of Cambridge is starting a new programme of funded Visiting Fellowships for scholars from the Global South. The purpose of these Fellowships is to provide opportunities for scholars working at higher education institutions in the Global South to exchange ideas with other researchers based at CRASSH and elsewhere in the University of Cambridge and to draw benefit from access to the University’s collections and resources. It is hoped that these visits will lead on to future collaborations and exchanges.
Themed call for applications: Ecologies in Place
For 2024, CRASSH will partner with the Consortium for the Global South at Cambridge. Applications are invited from scholars whose research is connected to the theme of Ecologies in Place, which is one of the Consortium’s research streams. Applicants should note, however, that their research may focus on any ‘place’, not only one that is located within the Global South.
Who can Apply? Applications are welcomed from scholars carrying out research on any topic connected to the broad themes of sustainability, human-environmental interactions, resource management, and the differential impacts of climate change. Applicants should primarily be working within the arts, humanities, or social sciences, but interdisciplinary approaches that involve collaboration with the sciences or engineering are also very welcome. Up to three Visiting Fellows will be selected each year from different countries in the Global South. Check the further information tab on this page for more details on eligibility.
Which Countries are Eligible? Developing Countries
Where will Award be Taken? UK
How Many Awards? Not specified
What is the Benefit of Award? Return (economy fare) travel, single ensuite accommodation in Wolfson College, a stipend to help with additional everyday costs, desk space and access to a computer at CRASSH, full access to the University’s libraries and other collections, and to events and seminars run by CRASSH or other institutions in the University.
How Long will Award Last? Visiting Fellows will be appointed for Lent Term 2024 (from mid-January to mid-March: see term dates for each year).
How to Apply: Please complete this application form in English. You should also upload:
- a copy of your CV (including a list of publications)
- a letter of support from your Head of Department (or equivalent), confirming that leave of absence will be granted by your institution for the full period of the Fellowship.
No references are required for this application.
Please also upload the following three outlines:
- Why do you wish to apply for this Visiting Fellowship? What benefits would spending a term at CRASSH and the University of Cambridge bring you? (max. 500 words)
- What research will you be conducting while in Cambridge? Please give an outline of your current project and explain which part(s) of it you intend to carry out during the term of your Visiting Fellowship. (max. 1000 words)
- The Visiting Fellows appointed under this scheme will be asked to work together to design an event, to take place during the term you are in Cambridge, which will provide an opportunity for you to present your own research, alongside others. What ideas would you suggest for the theme and format or such an event? (max. 400 words)
The deadline for applications is 12:00 (midday) UK time on 20 June 2023. The results of the selection process will be communicated to all applicants before the end of July 2023.
Please email [email protected] for enquiries.