The following scholarships are offered by INSEAD Business school in both France and Singapore for students in Africa and other developing regions for July and December 2018 academic sessions. All scholarship applications are on-line except where mentioned in the individual scholarship description.
July 2021 Class:
- Applications Open: 14 February 2020
- Deadline: 2 March 2020
December 2021 Class:
- Applications Open: 10 April 2020
- Deadline: 27 April 2020
- Applications Open: 5 June 2020
- Deadline: 22 June 2020
- Applications Open: 24 July 2020
- Deadline: 10 August 2020
Offered Annually? Yes
To be taken at (country): INSEAD France and Singapore
About the Award: With three fully-integrated campuses in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and over 80 different nationalities in the classroom, INSEAD is one the Business schools with a multicultural experience. The Accelerated 10-month curriculum develops successful, thoughtful leaders and entrepreneurs who create value for their organisations and their communities.
INSEAD Scholarships are most sought-after source of financial assistance. They are limited in number and there is significant competition for each award. These scholarships are granted under various criteria and essentially there are two basic categories of scholarships:
- Need-based: demonstrate financial need
- Non-need based: based on merit, nationality, gender, professional background, leadership abilities, field of previous study etc.
The following INSEAD Scholarships are available for both the Fontainebleau (France) and Singapore Campuses, unless specifically mentioned. All scholarship applications are online except where mentioned in the scholarship description.
To submit an application, first follow the scholarship application guideline and register yourself:
Eligible Field of Study: MBA and financial management related degree programmes
INSEAD Scholarships for African and Developing Countries:
|INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship
|African nationals residing in the region
|INSEAD Alumni Association (IAA) Scholarship Fund
|Diversity with financial need
|INSEAD Alumni Fund (IAF) Diversity Scholarship(s)
|Needbased with preference to candidates residing in emerging/developing countries
|INSEAD Alumni Fund (IAF) Robin Hood Scholarship
|INSEAD Alumni Fund (IAF) Special Profile Scholarship(s)
|Diversity (with a difference)
|INSEAD Alumni Fund (IAF) Women’s Scholarship(s)
|INSEAD Andrew Hordern Endowed Scholarship – ’91D
|Non-traditional backgrounds; open only to December Class.
|INSEAD Andy Burgess Endowed Scholarship for Social Entrepreneurship
|Social entrepreneurship, open only to December Class.
|INSEAD Bischoff Family Endowed Scholarship
|Southern Africa and/or South-East Asia
|INSEAD Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed Scholarship(s)
|INSEAD Forte Foundation Fellowship
|INSEAD Freddy Salem Scholarship(s)
|Ghana, Nigeria, Togo and Benin
|INSEAD Greendale Foundation Scholarship
|Southern and East Africans
|INSEAD Groupe Galeries Lafayette Endowed Scholarship for Women
|INSEAD Jewish Scholarship
|Jewish (not necessarily Israeli)
|INSEAD Judith Connelly Delouvrier Endowed Scholarship
|INSEAD L’Oreal Scholarship
|Creative, innovative and entrepreneurial
|INSEAD Louis and Evelyn Franck Endowed Award for Excellence
|Brightest and best, no application required.
|INSEAD MBA ’03D Endowed Diversity Scholarship
|INSEAD MBA ’70 Special Profile Endowed Scholarship
|INSEAD MBA ’87J Special Profile Endowed Scholarship
|INSEAD MBA ’89D Endowed Scholarship
|INSEAD MBA ’91 June Endowed Scholarship
|INSEAD MBA ‘89J Glen Jones Endowed Scholarship
|INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship
|INSEAD Orange Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Markets
|INSEAD MBA Endowed Scholarship for Mauritius
|INSEAD Sam Akiwumi Endowed Scholarship – ’07D
|INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership
|Southern and East Africans
|INSEAD Pot Family Foundation Scholarship Award
|INSEAD Olam International MBA Scholarships for Change Catalysts in African Markets
|Meritorious candidates who are nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa
|INSEAD North Africa Scholarship
|North Africans from Algeria, Morocco & Tunisia
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- All scholarships have specific eligibility criteria based on a combination of merit and financial need. Candidates will be judged on the quality of their scholarship essays and the degree to which they meet the eligibility criteria. As a part of the merit criteria, the Committee will consider the academic and professional achievements and merit distinctions received. Please note that neither admissions essays nor GMAT results will be considered as part of the scholarship review process.
- The group of need-based scholarships is primarily focused on emerging and developing markets. Therefore, when reviewing these scholarship applications, financial need is the main criterion. Please note that a number of supporting documents will be required for the need-based scholarships. You will find these documents listed under the need-based scholarship description.
Value of Scholarship: Varies by scholarship but usually, Up to €20,000 in scholarship awards will be awarded
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is a onetime financial offer
How to Apply:
- To access the scholarship application form on-line, you will first need to register.
- Applications must be complete and submitted by midnight Central European Time (GMT +1) on the day of deadline. All scholarship applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
- It is important to go through the specific Application Requirements for each of these scholarships before applying.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Important Notes: You are encouraged to limit your applications to a maximum of 5 scholarships.