United Nations Young Leaders Training Programme 2023 – Call for Applications. Apply below.
Table of Contents
What are Program Dates?
Online Training Programme:
Winter Edition: 02 Jan 2023 – 27 Jan 2023 Spring Edition: 24 Apr 2023 – 21 May 2023
July Edition: 19 Jun 2023 – 16 Jul 2023 August Edition: 24 Jul 2023 – 20 Aug 2023
Tell Me About Award:
There are an estimated 1.8 million people today between the ages of 10 and 24, which is the largest generation of youth in human history. Their numbers are expected to grow—between 2015 and 2030 alone, about 1.9 billion young people are projected to turn 15 years old.
Connected to each other like never before, young people increasingly contribute to innovative solutions, driving social progress and inspiring political initiatives. They are agents of change, mobilising to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet.
UNITAR is therefore delighted to offer online training programme in Geneva specifically designed for the global youth. It will offer participants the chance to gain first-hand experience of the United Nations and will provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills to fully unfold their potential as global leaders.
What Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award Take Place?
Who is Eligible?
- The Young Leaders Training Programme is open to all actors related to international affairs wishing to take on leadership roles in their respective environment and to build up knowledge and skills related to the UN and International Geneva.
- Participants can include university students, high school students and other aspiring young leaders of similar background. Junior professionals from public and private sector and senior officials who are young at heart are equally welcome to apply.
- In order to ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 30 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programme, all participants will receive an official UNITAR certificate of completion.
How many Awards?
What is Value of Award?
The United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme consists of a 4-week e-Learning course implemented on UNITAR’s e-learning platform. The course comprises 4 different modules, which can be studied in a self-paced manner and require 4-6 hours of studying per week.
- Module 1: The United Nations
- Module 2: Conference Diplomacy
- Module 3: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Module 4: Cosmopolitan Communication
The course includes weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as discussion boards exchanging views with fellow participants and UNITAR instructors. In addition, the Young Leaders Online Training Programme will be complemented by several 1.5 hour live-webinars. These will be delivered through the platform zoom by UN experts and comprise the following topics:
- Webinar A – The United Nations System
- Webinar B – The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Webinar C – Model United Nations (MUN) Training
- Webinar D – UN Career Development
In addition to the above live-webinars, there will be one 3.5-hour e-workshop per week. These will focus on Leadership as well as on getting to know Geneva’s multilateral environment through virtual guided tours through the UN Palais des Nations as well as the diplomatic district of Geneva. For more information regarding the program‘s content, schedule and expert biographies, kindly check the course syllabus of the previous edition
How to Apply?