TechBridge Acceleration Program 2023 for African Startups. Apply below.
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
15th December 2022
What is the Award?
Are you a start-up addressing African markets solving pressing problems with your innovation and needing capital and support to spur your growth?
At Techbridge we are not just another accelerator program. We are a community of start-ups, knowledge partners, and investors aiming to enable your growth and wanting your innovation to succeed to create a broader impact.
Techbridge provides you with venture-building programs, peer learning, knowledge partners, equity investments, and networks.
Your journey with TechBridge doesn’t end unless you want to. Post programs you will join TechBridge Alumni and continue to be a part of a growing community with networking events.
Which Countries are Eligible?
What Type of Award is This?
How are Applicants Selected?
The selection criteria is:
- Must be a post-revenue start-up
- Startup that has a validated market and product
- Technology-enabled solutions
- Start-ups that generate a positive impact to society
Key Indicators for companies that will qualify
- Ready-to-scale – the tech solution is safe to use by thousands of users and can be deployed in a new country with minimal adaptation effort if the conditions for scale are met.
- Clear problem-solution fit – ability to demonstrate that the company solves a problem that is relevant to the East African market with an easy-to-understand solution and clear benefits to users.
- Innovative – it solves a problem in a unique way/ or does so better than what exits
- Proven concept – the tech solution is in the advanced stages of product development (ideally, has already launched a beta), has significant ‘results in the real world and is measurable
- Impactful – the company has achieved meaningful high-impact indicators linked to the 1 or more of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Safe-to-use – the solution is safe to use technically from a code, data privacy and cyber security perspective. (e.g. Open Source or proprietary developed with the founders )
- Meaningful use of technology – the company is able to demonstrate that it creates value through technology
What is the Benefit of Award?
We acknowledge that you as an entrepreneur need competence, capital, and partners to grow. At TechBridge we have helped 1000+ entrepreneurs and 100+ start-ups with business development and invested in numerous early-stage tech ventures.
At TechBridge we understand the barriers you face with growing your company in challenging markets and we are here to help you.
The benefits include:
- Tailored Growth Support
Support offered through our coaches, mentors, trainers and experts is tailored for each enterprise based on extensive analysis of the enterprise’s growth gaps and hurdles.
The TechBridge Accelerator offers an equity based investment opportunity of up to $ 200,000 for startups meeting its investment criteria.We also provide an opportunities to pitch externally to our international network of investors after 6 months of the programme.
- Learning Approach
The programme offers a unique knowledge transfer approach through tailored content from our international knowledge partners.
- Access to the TechBridge Hub
Each selected companies will get access to our Hub and desk-space for operations for up to 3 years.
- Access to the Community
Access to our vibrant community of founders and professional talents. We also facilitate introduction to our wide network of industry experts and innovators.
- Access to Support Tools & Resources
We compliment knowledge and support through our curated tools and resources designed to fast track your growth.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like your start-up apply before December 15th. You can get more details about this program here.