Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme 2023
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
29th May 2023 by 12.00 PM GMT
Tell Me About Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme:
We are pleased to confirm arrangements for the exciting second round of our mentorship scheme in collaboration with the Mathematical Institute at the University of Oxford. This programme aims to support and encourage a small cohort of promising pre-PhD students, based in sub-Saharan Africa, who hope to continue PhD studies within mathematical sciences.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme?
Interested Mfano Africa mentees should
- have completed a mathematical sciences BA or BSc degree;
- demonstrate high academic excellence and give evidence of striving to improve;
- be motivated for further study.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme?
- The part-time online programme will include an 8-week mini-project, to be undertaken in July/August 2023.
- The successful students will be matched with a mentor at the University of Oxford-based on mutual research interests, to work on a mini-project during a series of 1:1 online meetings in order to build up research experience.
- Students will also be directed to useful pre-recorded lectures from recent courses at the Mathematical Institute and offered bespoke career development training and guidance on making PhD applications, plus networking events.
- A £230 (GBP) stipend will be available to successful students to support any associated costs for internet data, printing and stationery, etc.
How Long will Program Last?
How to Apply for Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme?
If you wish to apply, please complete an online application form by 29 May 2023.
You will be asked to include:
1. Transcript scores to date (scanned into single pdf)
2. An up to date CV
3. A 500-word summary of your research interests and what topics you might wish to explore during a PhD
5. We also require one academic reference letter, to be sent by your referee directly to [email protected]
If you have any questions or cannot access the application form, please contact [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!