Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme 2021 for Undergraduate Nigerians
Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund in partnership with KPMG, Andersen and Leadway Assurance Company Limited invites suitably qualified undergraduate Nigerians for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP).
When is the Application Deadline:
28th September 2021
Tell Me About Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme:
The scholarship is in honour of Seyi Bickersteth who served as Senior Partner of KPMG in Nigeria from 2002 to 2016, and Chairman, KPMG Africa from 2014 to 2016. Upon retirement, he served on Boards including Leadway Assurance and was also the Regional Managing Partner and Chairman of Andersen Africa. Beyond being a leader, Seyi Bickersteth was a mentor and a teacher, who was passionate about the development of everyone around him, which is why an educational fund has been created in his honour.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme?
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 5 Distinctions (As & Bs) from their WASSCE (including English and Mathematics).
- Student’s SSCE results cannot also be older than 2 years.
- A minimum score of 230 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates must have admission into a Federal University in Nigeria.
- Candidates’ four-year course must be in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Insurance or Actuarial Sciences
- Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme is open to students just admitted into100 level of their studies at the time of application. The scholarship is open to students who attended public secondary schools in Nigeria or private secondary schools (where the student received scholarship to attend)
- Only students that are not currently on any scholarship scheme are eligible.
How are Applicants Selected?
The examination date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme?
Beneficiaries of the programme will receive a scholarship grant worth Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N400,000) annually. Asides the scholarship grant, beneficiaries will also receive:
- Summer internship opportunities during the holiday or while they are on National Industrial attachment.
- Mentorship opportunities and exposure.
- Upon completion, candidates will be eligible to work at any of the three firms (KPMG, Leadway Assurance or Andersen) if they graduate with a First Class or Second Class Upper Division degree.
How Long Will the Scholarship Last?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
How to Apply for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme:
- You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation.
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SBSP2021
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
- Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Application for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP) is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP)
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- KPMG, Andersen and Leadway Assurance Company Limited did NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only students that are not currently on any scholarship scheme are eligible