Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) 2021 for Unemployed Nigerian Graduates
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is empowering Nigerian graduates with opportunities. Applications are open now.
Application Deadline: 20th October 2021
About the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme: Launched 31st of August 2021, the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Rising unemployment and the COVID-19 pandemic are all impacting the ability of young Nigerians to find work. The programme seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise, while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills. It does not matter if you have no job experience!
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) targets a broad range of sectors including the start-up economy, innovation and creative industries, the digital and technology sector, the green economy sector, financial services, key public and international development institutions, research and development, agriculture, real estate, construction, transportation, and health services. In other words, there is a place for every organisation in this programme.
Type: Fellowship, Job
Eligibility for the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP):
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduated not earlier than 2017.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at (Country): Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme: Other programs and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
- Fellows will be matched with host organisations based on their interests as well as those aligned to the organisation
- They will receive a monthly stipend from NJFP
- 3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Target Youth: Targeting young talented Nigerians like you, who are looking to land their entry role in the corporate world.
Job Placement: Placing 20,000 highly skilled Nigerian youths in private and public sector organisations across various industries.
Organisations: NJFP will help organisations cut through the lead-time and resources spent recruiting entry level roles.
Growth: Empower and engage youth to be able to contribute to the expansion of the private sector.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.